You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Recliner replacement

We have been looking at Ekornes recliners (and love them) but do not like having a separate ottoman to deal with.  Does anyone know what Newell uses in the newer coaches that has a built in footrest (brand/model)?  Is it as comfortable as an Ekornes?  The difference between the Ekornes and the chairs we have is that the Ekornes moves with you (both bottom and top sections) as you recline (the stress less) instead of 'breaking over' and just the back part moving.  See picture for the one in a newer Newell...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Mine has a Lafer recliner. http://www.lafer.com.br/export/

I like it a lot. Compared to Ekornes (which I have in my den at home), the Lafer reclines further back almost flat. Great for napping! The Lafer chair can lock into any reclined position just like Ekornes. But the foot rest is only one position on mine - either up or down. I think the Ekornes chair is more comfortable when in a barely reclined more upright position compared to Lafer. But otherwise, I like them both. I think the ottoman was always in the way in our coach and there were times I felt like throwing it out the window!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Newell uses Villa Furniture out of Southern Ca.

Thanks Jason, I like the looks of the Lafer! Very nice and the dimentpsions of them should fit fine in the space. Hopefully they will match the existing leather.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

(06-28-2016, 05:32 AM)pairodice Wrote:  Thanks Jason, I like the looks of the Lafer!  Very nice and the dimentpsions of them should fit fine in the space.  Hopefully they will match the existing leather.

Or you could do a fabric or different but complimentary color.   Here's mine.  

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff