You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

passenger seat repair

the arms on our passenger seat were about to fall off.  several years ago when i was at steve bares, we took the seat apart and put the metal brackets on one set of wood supports.  ends up the front was totaly broken and pulled in about 4 inches.  

so i took most of the upholstery off and with large clamps i pulled it in place and glued and screwed brackets and such to make it back to normal.  then i put more wood brackets to hold the arms in place vertically.  it is very strong now.  

then i reupholstered it all back together this morning.  

i am going to have the small table that is under the passenger picture window corian top cut down so it doesnt stick out so far and hit the back of the passenger seat.  i found a corian guy who will do it in place for 100 bucks....

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hey Tom, just ran across this old post of yours.  My passenger seat has same problems plus many more: footrest doesn't extend, one arm collapsed, lopsided overall.  And time to replace the leather.  Is there a shop in Phoenix that you would recommend?    Or maybe I should just replace the seat!

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

If it's an electric footrest try first to clean off the old grease on the screw rod and lube it with new grease. Also check the wires and voltages.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337