You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

High temp and fan speed.

(07-14-2016, 05:28 PM)Richard Wrote:  Jim,

Take a look at the aluminum manifold block where the solenoid is located. I think you may find an adjustment screw for the low speed circuit. I think, but I'm not sure, that you could increase the fan speed by backing out that screw.

I also think, but don't have the data to prove it, that the reason that we are all over the board on the low fan speed is that it could have been set differently at the factory, or age and miles have altered the fan motor, hyd pump pressure, or orifice in the low speed circuit.

Thanks Richard, I just tried it, but it only adjusted speed when coil was off solenoid valve. It did adjust speed when the coil is off but I think it adjusts oil bypassing the valve.  When I adjusted the screw further out, it decreased the fan speed, in increased fan speed. If valve does have low speed orifice, it should work the same. Am looking into spare wiring back to front, so I can open circuit to coil, manually if needed for high temps. I should have realized Newell put that giant blanket on the turbo out for a reason.

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

Thank you for explaining the adjustment.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )