You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hardly Used

its all about one of three things.

1. it is such a small part of your disposable income that it doesnt matter. or

2. it was a corp/business owned rig that decided they didnt need it anymore.

3. or it was a lifelong dream of someone who was in one of the upper two reasons and bought it and couldnt use it all of sudden....estate sale or something like that.

ya just gotta think on a different scale. if you made 10m a year, it just isnt a big deal.

the race teams that buy them view them as a business expense. even they keep them usually a few years or more before flipping them, but again, it depends on how big of race team it is cash flow wise.

all about scale.

that said, even if i had that kind of money, hard to think about buying one and selling it 6 months later. of course if i croaked, darlene would probably sell it.

we get to bask in what was at some time the best coach money could buy.....whether it was in 1982 or 2013.

i am just blessed to have found a great deal on my 2002 and to be able to get it.

the license plates on a new one in arizona would be over $2500 per month. ($1.75m*60%/100*$2.80) about $30k the first year. and of course sales tax on top of that. good news is the license plates go down 15% per year. so they would only be $25.5k the next year. plus insurance.

its all about scale....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

2 bathrooms? I'm good to go for that

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

hi ernie,

my 2002 has two bathrooms as well and a number of the late 90's onward do. it is really quite nice. with the bedroom slide in, the bed in mine makes it so you cant walk around it, so to have a mid bath is nice. the other bath and half newells are such that you can scootch around the bed when the slide is in, but not mine since i made the bed longer than usual i believe. (and i have cabinets in the way on the wall)

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH