You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter

Mine has 2 8D engine batteries and 2 8D coach batteries.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Guy, like Michael, I have 2 8D house batteries, and two 8D chassis batteries. Are you sure there is only one chassis battery? In mine there is one on each side of the coach just in front of the rear wheels.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

He's got two as well just like yours Clark. Sorry been offline for a while. I asked Richard about that button when he was here as well but he was not sure. I know what you're thinking "how could Richard not figure it out". I believe he could but we worked hard that day and my question was at the end of the day so by then I probably had tapped him for too much "teach me teacher" moments. I had lived without ever using that button up to that point so it was not anything I was really keen on figuring out. It does make a clunk noise though. Even Larry my mechanic commented on it once asking me what it did.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

(07-27-2016, 03:26 PM)whatsnewell Wrote:  Guy, like Michael, I have 2 8D house batteries, and two 8D chassis batteries.  Are you sure there is only one chassis battery?  In mine there is one on each side of the coach just in front of the rear wheels.
Clarke, mystery solved... DUH. 
I am sure that Todd showed me , (andyou told  me ) that I have one chassis battery on the left side, and  one chassis battery on the right side, but I sure forgot about  that. I wondered why the chassis  battery disconnect was in the engine bay, and not with the battery. Now I know. The switch has to disconnect  two batteries in two locations.
I am beginning to think the wife is right.... " I never listen, bla bla"  Cool 

Amazing what you find when you go through cabinets for the 10th time.

(07-27-2016, 04:50 PM)Flick Wrote:  He's got two as well just like yours Clark. Sorry been offline for a while. I asked Richard about that button when he was here as well but he was not sure. I know what you're thinking "how could Richard not figure it out". I believe he could but we worked hard that day and my question was at the end of the day so by then I probably had tapped him for too much "teach me teacher" moments. I had lived without ever using that button up to that point so it was not anything I was really keen on figuring out. It does make a clunk noise though. Even Larry my mechanic commented on it once asking me what it did.

My gosh what a productive day. I found what the clunk is with the inverter switch in the stair well and bedroom. The inverter is a fairly new one, and is hooked up to a solenoid in the electrical bay.This Cole Hersey solenoid is doing the clunking I think the solenoid has been abandoned, and the post on one side of the solenoid is just being used as a landing point point for the inverter incoming power. ( No wires on the right post. ) I am sure there was a reason why "in the day" that the inverter was switched from the coach?

Here's a mystery I never did solve (I think) but with your knowledge of electrical systems you could Guy. The switch on the dash that is a 3 way switch that separates and merges the house and chassis batteries. It's marked (by me) but not sure it's correct. When you're in Tahoe you and Clarke could probably figure out if the way I have them marked is correct. It would be good to know so you better understand than I probably did when and how to use that switch to help or preserve the battery charges.

Can't wait to hear stories and see pics from your trip to Tahoe.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

(08-21-2016, 10:22 AM)Flick Wrote:  Here's a mystery I never did solve (I think) but with your knowledge of electrical systems you could Guy. The switch on the dash that is a 3 way switch that separates and merges the house and chassis batteries. It's marked (by me) but not sure it's correct. When you're in Tahoe you and Clarke could probably figure out if the way I have them marked is correct. It would be good to know so you better understand than I probably did when and how to use that switch to help or preserve the battery charges.

Can't wait to hear stories and see pics from your trip to Tahoe.

I really need Clarke to show me how to polish those wheels. I am a slow learner. I am sure it will take him polishing up 4 wheels before I am clear on the process.

Guy, when are you coming to Tahoe?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com