You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Howard Power Center - fix or remove ?

The sight glass is a common failure.
It can be repaired with Plast-Aid.

I have a spare but would only sell as part of selling entire spare system.

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(07-26-2016, 04:23 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  The sight glass is a common failure.

Russ

Hello Russ,

How does the sight glass come off ?

MG

It comes out easily when you disassemble the pressure tank. It is sealed only with "o" rings on each end.
The crack in mine did not extend all the way to either end, so it was repaired by applying the Plast-Aid on the outside of the tube. It is not a pretty repair, but effective.
Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(07-27-2016, 04:49 AM)RussWhite Wrote:  It comes out easily when you disassemble the pressure tank.  It is sealed only with "o" rings on each end.  
The crack in mine did not extend all the way to either end, so it was repaired by applying the Plast-Aid on the outside of the tube.  It is not a pretty repair, but effective.
Russ

Makes sense. Thank you.
Now I have to decide if I repair this system or change over to BlueOx TruCenter.....

MG

i dont have this system and mine drives just fine. do you really need to do anything?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(07-27-2016, 08:33 AM)encantotom Wrote:  i dont have this system and mine drives just fine.  do you really need to do anything?

tom

My wife will want to drive sometimes. She loved to drive the Prevost and the Country Coach before. Both had steering stabilizers.
I would like to add another layer of protection if a front blowout were to occur....Push button centering and side wind auto compensation are nice things to have.

Like I said, either fix or remove.....now a new piece came in with the Blue Ox potential drop in fit.....pondering....

MG

(07-27-2016, 08:42 AM)InfiLights Wrote:  
(07-27-2016, 08:33 AM)encantotom Wrote:  i dont have this system and mine drives just fine.  do you really need to do anything?

tom

My wife will want to drive sometimes. She loved to drive the Prevost and the Country Coach before. Both had steering stabilizers.
I would like to add another layer of protection if a front blowout were to occur....Push button centering and side wind auto compensation are nice things to have.

Like I said, either fix or remove.....now a new piece came in with the Blue Ox potential drop in fit.....pondering....

(05-11-2017, 02:31 PM)bchandler Wrote:  
(07-27-2016, 08:42 AM)InfiLights Wrote:  

tom

DO YOU WANT TO SELL IT 

(07-26-2016, 04:23 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  The sight glass is a common failure.

Russ

DO YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR SYSTEM ?

PM sent. Howard system, complete for sale. The sight tube has a crack and fluid is leaking. Until that is fixed I do not know if the main cylinder is any good or not.

MG

Do you want to sell your Howard power steering system for parts

Yes, I will sell the Howard Power steering system but complete - actuating cylinder, hydraulic power pod, inside dash controller, hoses, harness...everything as a whole, not pieces.

PM me offers.

You can come pick it up in South Bend IN or I can get it to a FedEx location or UPS and you pay for packaging and shipping to your ZIP.

MG