You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Body repair

Gang,

Ok so this is the third thread to talk about the same incident, but since the subject is different, I thought it made sense to break it out into its own thought.

The towing incident discussed in another thread resulted in the following damage...Front drag rails forcibly removed, cowl under generator forcibly removed, trim around front tires damaged, large scratch on rear of bus, new air leak, ability to extend the generator (unknown but doubtful).

Without the cowling, I am concerned about the generator staying cool.  

My insurance will pay for up to 100 miles in towing.  (I am near Knoxville, TN)

So, does anyone have a suggestion about where to take the coach for repairs?  My inclination is to make the coach drivable then head to the factory...but without a generator, that would be a brutal trip.  A more general question is has anyone had repairs done at a place beside the factory.  (I am aware of the awesome paint and body work done by the place in Nacadoches, TX but wonder if they would know how to make a new cowling)

Any thought/suggestion is welcome.

Thanks, bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,

James Stallings and his crew in Nac at Xtreme Paint and Graphics can do wonders with repairing damaged coaches of all makes. Give them a call Monday and you will know for sure. 936.560.5888

Sorry to hear of the problem.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

You and the boxer are going to need the generator if you decide to visit Miami.

I suggest you crank it up and get an idea of the air that might be escaping its normal cooling path due to cowl damage. If it does not seem excessive, load the genny up and let it run watching the temperature. If it runs okay for a few hours in these 95 degree temps we are having in East TN, you will open up the option to travel for your body work. Better to test it out now while parked than on the road.

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Bill, If it was me, I would take the coach to Newell.  It will be closer than Nacogdoches, plus when I was visiting James about a month ago he said they were booked up until next year.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

(07-23-2016, 01:26 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  You and the boxer are going to need the generator if you decide to visit Miami.

I suggest you crank it up and get an idea of the air that might be escaping its normal cooling path due to cowl damage.  If it does not seem excessive, load the genny up and let it run watching the temperature.  If it runs okay for a few hours in these 95 degree temps we are having in East TN, you will open up the option to travel for your body work.  Better to test it out now while parked than on the road.

Russ
Bill
Tennessee rv used to be the Foretravel dealer here in tenn. They have a good body shop and good facility. 
Tennessee RV Supercenter
3.8  (19) · RV Dealer

835 Huckleberry Springs Rd · (865) 933-7213
Closing soon: 6:00 PM

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I would check with Prevost shops in Nashville. Parliament Coach near Tampa did a great job on the rear of my 93 this March. They are a Prevost dealer and are used to high end coaches, ergo the Nashville suggestion.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Bill
Tennessee rv used to be the Foretravel dealer here in tenn. They have a good body shop and good facility. They could possible do everything?
Tennessee RV Supercenter
3.8  (19) · RV Dealer

835 Huckleberry Springs Rd · (865) 933-7213
Closing soon: 6:00 PM

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Since tow driver messed it up . You get to choose where it is repaired. If it can't stay cool I would think tow company is responsible for getting it to Newell

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701