You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front Stabilizer bar bracket broken

Hi all,

Looking for info on the correct part to buy and replace.

As I drove the coach yesterday to get some water and sanitize the  system, I heard again the clunk I experienced when I brought the coach home.
It happens on 90 deg , tight turns, a bang when the wheels are coming back to straight....

Crawled under (to see better the Howard Power center cylinder as well) and I find out that the driver side U shape bracket that is supposed to hold the rubber busing on the stabilizer bar in place, is broken, allowing the bar end to somewhat float. It is kept there by the broken, popped up bracket and the outside bolt.  

I need to buy a new bracket. Anybody have a diagram and a part number so that I can get it coming ? What I am looking for ?
Appreciate it.

MG

(07-25-2016, 06:43 AM)InfiLights Wrote:  Hi all,

Looking for info on the correct part to buy and replace.

As I drove the coach yesterday to get some water and sanitize the  system, I heard again the clunk I experienced when I brought the coach home.
It happens on 90 deg , tight turns, a bang when the wheels are coming back to straight....

Crawled under (to see better the Howard Power center cylinder as well) and I find out that the driver side U shape bracket that is supposed to hold the rubber busing on the stabilizer bar in place,  is broken, allowing the bar end to somewhat float. It is kept there by the broken, popped up  bracket and the outside bolt.  

I need to buy a new bracket. Anybody have a diagram and a part number so that I can get it coming ? What I am looking for ?
Appreciate it.

I would start by calling Newell.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Measure the diameter of the sway bar. Then take a look at energysuspension.com. I got that by googling 1.25 sway bar mount, but I'm not sure what diameter the sway bar actually is.

Fabricating one would not be hard.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )