You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Electric window in front slide

I am trying to figure out what can be done with the electric window in the front slide.
It goes down ok but has to helped to come up.
This is not a good design and when it rains there is water coming in at the bottom of the rubber seal. If has to have all these tired seal replaced or a new fixed window installed.

The ones that have an electric window in the slide.....do you have problems with it ? How did you fix leaks ? Access to mechanism for service/grease repair ?
The metal vinyl covered shade that pulls up is very heavy and keeps falling down.....any upgrades, solutions ?

Thanks for input.

MG

I believe many coaches have removed the switch for from the window for this very reason.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I am trying to understand what was the logic of an electric window there ? What would be the benefit ?
Emergency exit ? That would be useless if the 12V power is compromised....can't open it....

BTW, my coach does not have an emergency push out window in the lounge....wonder why.

MG

Can't answer your question regarding the electric slide window since I don't have slides.

Most of the lounge and bedroom windows, until Newell changed to frameless windows, slide sideways and have an opening which is VERY large giving lots of room for emergency egress. My coach has no 'emergency push out windows' it has 5 windows that a very large man can easily get out through, 2 in the salon, 1 in the dinette and 2 in the bedroom. That gives 3 window exits on the curb side and two on the street side.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

the only window in my coach big enough to escape from is the main window at the headboard of the bed. all the rest of the windows have a fixed picture window with a small slider at the bottom. and there are no emergency push out windows at all

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Mine has three large slide windows in the salon, and one has red handle locks so it must be an emergency pop out. ???

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica