You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

short somewhere

One of my meters works but the other is non operational. I would love to replace both of them with digital units....but have never found any compatible units.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(09-13-2016, 01:04 PM)Richard Wrote:  Outstanding detective work! And thank you for taking the time to explain the culprit. I think this makes you the xfer switch guru.

Thank you and I'll wear that badge with honor Cool

(09-13-2016, 11:08 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Check to make sure the breakers for the Air Conditioning units are turned on. My front L-1, L-2 meters are wired through a couple of the Air Conditioner breaker.

Thank you for this info as it did the trick.

Any special instructions for replacing the shore power contactor switch? I think I'm having issue with the interlock that goes between them.
I got it to go back together, but found that when the generator was running, and the contactor button was pulled in, that I could push in the shore power contactor button, which I think is not supposed to be able to happen if properly installed.
Thanks in advance for any help on this.

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

Well, I must apologize to everyone, I completely missed this whole conversation from back in 2016.

I do have a few things that need to be pointed out (unless I missed them).  These contactors are mechanically interlocked by levers etc and by auxiliary contacts.  As pointed out, the AUX contacts are configured so the coils of the opposite or other contactor cannot be energized.  When disconnecting to clean debris or replacing, be sure the mechanical portion functions (in other words push the shore contactor in and while holding it, try and push the gen side. it should not engage) and inspect the aux contacts for proper operation.  Do these checks without POWER!

On coaches with automatic switches, the fuses protect the conductors going to the drivers area to illuminate the 240 & 120 indicators.  Label these when disconnecting so you won't spend hours trying to figure out why the indicators are either not working or doing strange things.  Don't ask how I know.  And, be sure the fuses are around two amps to five amps, larger isn't better in this case.  This applies to silverleaf systems as well.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567