You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Buying Newell 9/16

my wife and I are new 2 this site . We have owned multiple motor homes . We then converted a gm pd 4106 bus... She is a beauty but as yrs go on I have the itch for something else (the bus that is)lol... Well I almost bought a Newell a while back but it wasn't quite right. I think the right one has appeared . We fly out 2 Texas and will drive back on 9/16 . It is coach 99 I believe, in kerrville Texas . Has anyone heard anything bad about that coach? There is another 86 an hr or so away that looks good also. I really wanna drive one of em home! I really hope the one in kerrville works out ! Thanx

Bruce & Sue Emerson 
Gonic, NH
1986 Newell Coach #117  
DD 8V92 Allison 740 

Based on coach #113 which was the 31st coach built in 1986, I would presume that the one you are looking at is a 1986 with a VIN that ends in 11017. If so, I am not aware of any negatives that stand out with that coach. It looks nice based on the limited photos that I have seen. As with any coach that is 30 years old, condition is the key factor. See if an oil analysis is available for the engine and see what maintenance records are available. That will tell you a lot about the care it has been given.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thank you . The vin ends with 11035

Bruce & Sue Emerson 
Gonic, NH
1986 Newell Coach #117  
DD 8V92 Allison 740 

Based on Coach #113, which the shop drawings show as coach #113 and having a 1986 VIN ending in 11031, I would think that 11035 should be Coach #117. If the owner has the Newell shop drawings for the coach I would certainly be interested to see them since my database has some irregularities that I haven't gotten enough data to resolve.

I don't show any negative data on Coach VIN 11017 either. I show it was registered in Florida back in 2011.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I hope he has all that stuff. The owner passed away after owning coach for over 20 yrs.i am purchasing from the nephew.

I will keep you posted and send copies if I have them thanks alot

Bruce & Sue Emerson 
Gonic, NH
1986 Newell Coach #117  
DD 8V92 Allison 740 

I would advise to not throw anything away when you clean it out - may look like junk, but a few months later you may find what it was for & wish you still had it. . . . . This is based on personal experience. :^(

Most owners keep all the manuals that came with it inside. Mine were in the cabinets above the driver. A buddy found his under the couch.

Texas is a good place to get one, I found mine in Conroe.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Second that, I found a strange looking phono plug in a drawer. After carrying it around for several years, I finally pitched it. It was less than 6 months later that I discovered that it was the 'security' device for the radar detector.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Kyle Did you have a 4501 ? If so small world lol I still have my 4106 . Maybe not long someone real interested.. yes I keep everything but thanx for tips !

Bruce & Sue Emerson 
Gonic, NH
1986 Newell Coach #117  
DD 8V92 Allison 740 

I had several 4501's - I spent many years collecting parts to build it the way I wanted. Then my wife found this Newell for less than I was going have in the mechanical systems. Add to that the ability to use it NOW -
It was easier to sell off Scenicruiser stuff than I thought it would be. . . .

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

(09-12-2016, 07:33 PM)kyleb Wrote:  I had several 4501's - I spent many years collecting parts to build it the way I wanted. Then my wife found this Newell for less than I was going have in the mechanical systems. Add to that the ability to use it NOW -
It was easier to sell off Scenicruiser stuff than I thought it would be. . . .

i won't make it for rally this year but I will next year with our Newell . I will be stopping in North Carolina on way home this wknd but couple weeks early... I so wish!!!! We will meet up newells side by side at some rally's lol

Bruce & Sue Emerson 
Gonic, NH
1986 Newell Coach #117  
DD 8V92 Allison 740