You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front AC non-opp.

My front AC does not operate. After checking for any obvious signs of damage, aside from dust, the only visible difference between the front and middle AC was that the front AC control module has some oil residue on the bottom plate and a few wires, which it appears to have discolored. I don't see where it originated from, but maybe it leaked from the black component secured under the metal strap seen in the attached picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We are going to put the new found skills with the voltmeter to the test.

Is there a schematic on the cover plate that you removed? First thing to confirm is that the unit is getting voltage.

We will take it one step at a time.

That component is a start cap, and when they go bad, they do leak. It could or could not be the problem. Let's confirm before we tear into it.

You say inop. Does that mean dead with no hum or noise? runs then stops? just hums when starting? blows breaker? Answers to these questions will help us start the troubleshooting.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(09-19-2016, 11:39 AM)Richard Wrote:  We are going to put the new found skills with the voltmeter to the test.

Is there a schematic on the cover plate that you removed? First thing to confirm is that the unit is getting voltage.

We will take it one step at a time.

That component is a start cap, and when they go bad, they do leak. It could or could not be the problem. Let's confirm before we tear into it.

You say inop. Does that mean dead with no hum or noise? runs then stops? just hums when starting? blows breaker? Answers to these questions will help us start the troubleshooting.
I will check these and get back with a more information, but I do know there is no schematic anywhere on the plate.

My schematic is on the inside of the metal cover.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Well, I dodged a bullet on this one because after I replaced the thermostat, it seems to have fixed the problem.