You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kitchen Sink

Can anyone give me a direction on replacement of the standard 15 inch undermount kitchen sinks? Or is it easier to remove and get them re-done?

Are you talking bathroom or kitchen sinks? If kitchen is your's an integral part of the countertop?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mike's coach is #372, a 1995 model. The interior photo I have shows two round kitchen sinks which were likely molded into the counter top as they are on my 1992. I also had that type sink in the house and I was going to have the house kitchen sink refinished by the same company that I hired to refinish my corian counter tops but he found a large crack all the way through the corian sink that was starting to leak water. As a result, I had him cut the sink out and I installed an over the counter mounted sink.

It is isn't cracked, I would go the refinishing route. Trying to cut corian sinks out and install another under mount sink might be possible but it would be concerned about getting a clean enough cut to seal a new under mount sink adequately, especially without removing the entire counter top. Your mileage may vary.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I have a single undermount sink in my 93 kitchen. It was not difficult to remove. It is not integral to the counter and is cast iron based.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

My two sinks are like jons. Corian countertop with detachable cast with a porcelain finish. My sinks have no splits or cracks, just chipped from wear and tear. Trying to find one is more than likely imposible to find, so if I am carefull removing the units refinishing is likely the way to go.

my kitchen sink is corian. my bathrooms sinks are cast iron undermount

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I found a guy in Illinois that could apply new porcelain for about 450 dollars.

I also found a bar sink in stainless that was only slightly larger diameter.

I didn't keep any records of this seach so I can't point any further than this.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed