You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Purchasing #555

Mike, I would not hesitate to do the 365 tire and wheel upgrade regardless of what the weight is. Take a look at the Michelin Advantage program through FMCA. Like tens of thousands of other full timers, look at Arizona's warmth in the winter. Safe travels and have fun.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Congratulations Mike and Jeannie. I remember making that move in 2000. It will be an experience you will always remember.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Congratulations!

I think there are some threads on here about Wifi extenders. The new Newells have Wifi Rangers that will reach out and grab a wifi signal and rebroadcast it inside the coach. If you work from your coach, I am sure good access to internet is a requirement. (Just a thought).

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(07-30-2017, 06:22 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  Congratulations!

I think there are some threads on here about Wifi extenders.  The new Newells have Wifi Rangers that will reach out and grab a wifi signal and rebroadcast it inside the coach.  If you work from your coach, I am sure good access to internet is a requirement.  (Just a thought).

bill

Thanks Bill, I have an old WiFi extender that I am currently using. I have been looking at the WiFi Ranger and WeBoost for cellular. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet, trying to figure out how I want to handle the antennas.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Hey Mike -- I have a 2011 Avalanche Z71 that I'd like to tow. Know you were looking at a couple of different options for your 2013.  If you don't mind sharing, what did you settle on and how do you like your choice now that you've lived with it awhile?  How does the Av behave when being towed?

Jim

Congrats Mike! It's a huge accomplishment to dispose of all of the stuff and go full timing. Probably harder for your wife, I know it was for mine.
Once you get your coach weighed that info can be used to adjust your tire pressures and make sure you have enough carrying capacity (and are not overweight). You may have to move some stuff around. Look at the tire manufacturers web site and they should have a tire weight/pressure chart.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Congratulations! We're hoping to finish up some projects and packing over the next week, put the house on the market and then hit the road for awhile as well! It's been such a long process, it's inspiring to see it come together for you!

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

(07-30-2017, 08:47 PM)hexspeed Wrote:  Hey Mike -- I have a 2011 Avalanche Z71 that I'd like to tow. Know you were looking at a couple of different options for your 2013.  If you don't mind sharing, what did you settle on and how do you like your choice now that you've lived with it awhile?  How does the Av behave when being towed?

Jim
Hey Jim, I love my 2013 Avalanche! I had a 2003 before it.

Towing is so easy, I put the 4wd transfer case in neutral, remove the keys and tow away.

I chose to spend the extra $ for a tow setup that would allow for a quick setup and release. I purchased the Blue Ox tow bar. This was my favorite because there was no bumper cutting, and when disconnected, you have to look closely to see the tow hook connectors. This setup has very nice and easy to remove spring type safety cables and lights cable.

For Brakes, I went with the Air Force One setup. This only has an air hose connection and break away safety line between the bus and toad. When installing make sure if you have adjustable peddles they set it up with the peddles as close to the seat as possible. You will need to remember to move the peddles each time you tow but it ensures proper brake adjustment when towing and does not interfere with everyday driving position.

All-in-all, I am extremely pleased with the setup. The downside is the price, it doubled my expected budget!

(07-31-2017, 04:04 AM)folivier Wrote:  Congrats Mike!  It's a huge accomplishment to dispose of all of the stuff and go full timing.  Probably harder for your wife, I know it was for mine.
Once you get your coach weighed that info can be used to adjust your tire pressures and make sure you have enough carrying capacity (and are not overweight). You may have to move some stuff around.  Look at the tire manufacturers web site and they should have a tire weight/pressure chart.

Forest, is the plaquard with GVW from Newell how I tell if I am over weight, or is it the tires that determine weight?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

It would be both the placard and the tires. The coach has a capacity for each axle which is probably higher than the tires capacity. The advantage of the 365 tire upgrade is to be able to run lower pressure which would give a better ride. I think the weight capacity for 365's are higher as well. Once you're packed up and get weighed you can figure out if you need to move stuff around, then set your tire pressure accordingly.
Have fun!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337