You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot Mixer Valve

Mike, I assume you have the Grohe self regulating shower controls. Mine had a small mesh filter inside both the hot and cold side of the controls that filled up with crud and severely restricted water flow through the shower. Of course that would only affect the shower.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(10-16-2016, 06:19 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Mike, I assume you have the Grohe self regulating shower controls. Mine had a small mesh filter inside both the hot and cold side of the controls that filled up with crud and severely restricted water flow through the shower. Of course that would only affect the shower.

Michael, I do have the Grohe shower controls, and the shower is much more effected than any faucet. Do you have to remove the 2 screws in the wall plate to get to those filters or where are they? Thanks Mike

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

It has been a number of years since I had mine apart but in looking over some parts lists, what I think I found was that rather than separate filter/strainers, that when I removed the thermoelement cartridge and the stop valves (small valve on each side of the center thermoelement cartridge) that they have holes in the rear of the valves and cartridges that were partially occluded with calcium deposits that were significantly reducing the water flow. At any rate, after removing the cover plate the cartridge and stop valves are visible and can be unscrewed to see if deposits have partially plugged the holes where the water enters the rear of the valves and cartridge.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Not sure if they still do this but I, and others, have called or emailed Grohe and they sent free replacement parts under their lifetime warranty.. Worth a try if you think the cartridge is bad.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Yes, access through the front plate. You don't go behind the faucet in the wall.

I also suspect clogging at the shower. The 120V pump will produce a lot of water in the shower.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )