You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

new addition to the newell house

for sure not towing behind the newell

ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

My first car was a 41 FORD. SURE DID NOT LOOK THIS GOOD. About 60 years ago?Great job

Ed and Penny Thomas
Anna, TX
98 Newell
coach #490

thanks ed. i like the 41's too. they were wider and had smaller running boards so there was more room inside.

this fordor is pretty big inside but narrow. lots of room in the back seat unlike cars of today. and tons of headroom

tom

thought you guys might get a kick out of this.  i asked darlene to make some fender covers for the hot rod.  and she knocked it out of the park.  

she spent alot of time and made me some custom fender covers for the hot rod. she used her gammil statler quilting machine to sew gears onto the cover, which is essentially a fitted quilt she made. she shaped it around the corners, and put a velcro removable magnet piece that holds it to the inside of the fender and can be taken off to wash the cover. it is soft on the inside. then she embroidered 40 Ford on each one. then she used some of the upholstery material from the inside and made a cover for the nosepiece polished stainless that is held on with magnets on the corners. almost to nice to get dirty when i am working on the car.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Incredible job Darlene!!

You are right Tom, I would feel guilty about getting oil and grease on those.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

It's beautiful. Sure wish I could have kept the 40 Ford convertible I had as a teen.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica