You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

8D BATTERIES

Jim, that is good info to have about O'Reilly making AGM's in start configurations. There was nothing about AGM technology that made them unsuitable for cranking batteries. It was that AGM was usually paired with a plate design more suited for long low current discharge.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

According to the article I read, the "hybrid" battery design can be discharged like a deep cycle and crank like a starter battery, really cool.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Has anyone tried Apex AGM batteries? about $350 each. I was wondering how they compare to Lifelines?

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

no personal experience, but here is a link to a review on the company that looks discouraging

tom

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Apex_Battery

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(12-02-2016, 04:08 PM)David and Teresa Wrote:  Has anyone tried Apex AGM batteries? about $350 each. I was wondering how they compare to Lifelines?

Looks like a rebranded "universal" chinese 8d agm, have used them for house batteries, but would not for start. If you figure in shipping, 
O'Reilly's 8d agm for $440 each is only $50 more and is made by Dekka/East Penn in the U.S., and I believe much better quality.
Lifeline is made by Concorde, probably the best, many think better than Dekka, but you will pay a premium.

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

In looking through the Apex thread, it seems the problem is with shipping. Shipping aside, I wonder how the batteries last and perform. And I'm looking for house batteries, the O'Reilly's seem to be start batteries. I talked to Newell and they are putting Lifelines in new coaches.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

(12-03-2016, 05:39 AM)David and Teresa Wrote:  In looking through the Apex thread, it seems the problem is with shipping. Shipping aside, I wonder how the batteries last and perform. And I'm looking for house batteries, the O'Reilly's seem to be start batteries. I talked to Newell and they are putting Lifelines in new coaches.

Believe Universal makes the Apex brand. Have used them with no problems but have not dicharged below 75%

http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussi...an-opinion
http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussi...gm-battery

Many on the foretravel forum do use the Super Start 8d agms for house batteries

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

Thanks for the links.

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

I recently replaced my start batteries with 3 O'Reilly Super Start group 31s. The East Penn Deka brand group 31 weighted about 56 pounds while the East Penn private label Super Start group 31 weighed over 58 pounds and were much less in cost. I thought more lead weight would be a good choice but amazed at the increased weight of the private label.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I've had great results with Interstate batteries in my pickup and car.  My coach came with them.  We have an interstate store in Mesa AZ and they are beyond helpful.  Their warranty is good and the store will go out of their way to make sure you get as much warranty replacement (it's prorated) as possible.  I'll have to see how they do in the coach.

Paul & Jane McCullough