You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

8D BATTERIES

good info on who really makes your battery.
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/b5-gar...-help.html
http://ck5.com/forums/threads/who-makes-...es.303601/
Interstate was rated excellent on many car batteries by consumers report.

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

Have been using Interstates in the Newell and private passenger vehicles for years. Had one of my coach 8D Interstates go bad in the summer of 2015.....it was 7 years old.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I've sold many Interstate batteries in the last 20 years so I thought I would try their 8D AGM deep cycle after my 7 year old Lifelines started failing.  They were about $560 ea. and lasted 20 months.  Needless to say, I'm not very happy.  I imagine Interstate sources these from an outside vendor.   Their flooded lead acid product still seems pretty dependable.

Going back to Lifelines.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

I buy 8D and deep cycle batteries from a battery factory in Independence, Iowa.  I'm paying around $145 for 8D and $80 for deep cycle.  these are blemish batteries.  The case has some imperfection. I call ahead and they let me know when my order is ready.  May take a few weeks to get ready but I'm getting around 30 batteries a year for heavy equipment.

The factory here makes hundreds of batterie types. They make three 8D batteries, the same battery in different colored cases.  When they go down the line they get one of several stickers.  Cat, John Deer, Interstate, Komatsu, International, Car Quest, New Holland, etc.  Someone else said it here but there all the same with different stickers.

In a semi or dump truck I get about 7 years out of a 8D, in my coach I get about 4 years.  They take more heat from charging and get depleted further than in a semi. I tried deep cycle batteries in the coach and they lasted the same amount of time.

Roy...

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

(12-18-2016, 01:24 PM)Rjbjfire Wrote:  I buy 8D and deep cycle batteries from a battery factory in Independence, Iowa.  I'm paying around $145 for 8D and $80 for deep cycle.  these are blemish batteries.  The case has some imperfection. I call ahead and they let me know when my order is ready.  May take a few weeks to get ready but I'm getting around 30 batteries a year for heavy equipment.

The factory here makes hundreds of batterie types. They make three 8D batteries, the same battery in different colored cases.  When they go down the line they get one of several stickers.  Cat, John Deer, Interstate, Komatsu, International, Car Quest, New Holland, etc.  Someone else said it here but there all the same with different stickers.

In a semi or dump truck I get about 7 years out of a 8D, in my coach I get about 4 years.  They take more heat from charging and get depleted further than in a semi. I tried deep cycle batteries in the coach and they lasted the same amount of time.

Roy...

The factory is a East Penn, Deka battery factory. 

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

I store my coach plugged in.  My chassis batteries (2 8D Lead Acid) do not receive charging current from the inverter.  Should there be a relay or diode isolated link to the coach batteries or should I just keep a small maintenance charger to keep batteries peaked.

She is a 1988 Coach.    Thanks

Not sure how your set up is configured. We leave our merge switch on when coach is on shore power or when generator is running while dry camped. We un-merge when we shut generator off for the night. We originally had a Hart charger which continuously boiled batteries. Had to add water monthly. We now have a Xantrex charger and I have added about 2 oz of mineral oil to each cell. Now only have to add every 4-5 months.

Never heard of the mineral oil trick. I will try the merge switch. I thought the merge switch was a momentary switch. I'll check it out. Thanks

It looks like I am having an issue with my house batteries. When I purchased it last fall, the top three were replaced with new Lifeline AGM 8D(white) batteries and I was told the bottom three were good. The new ones are 2017 and the bottom are 2013. I have now been told that you should not mix new with older as the older ones could bring down the new ones? I am going today to have a load test done on them and want to know if you can mix Lifeline with Dekka batteries. These are what the service center sales and they install in Liberty coaches near by. They are about 550 ea and the Lifeline are about 800, if I can find them. I would think if the specs are the same there should not be any problems. My chassis batteries are also Lifeline AGM 8D (black) 2016. 

Thanks

Dario 

2001 #581 45'

(07-11-2018, 03:15 AM)Deper10 Wrote:  It looks like I am having an issue with my house batteries. When I purchased it last fall, the top three were replaced with new Lifeline AGM 8D(white) batteries and I was told the bottom three were good. The new ones are 2017 and the bottom are 2013. I have now been told that you should not mix new with older as the older ones could bring down the new ones? I am going today to have a load test done on them and want to know if you can mix Lifeline with Dekka batteries. These are what the service center sales and they install in Liberty coaches near by. They are about 550 ea and the Lifeline are about 800, if I can find them. I would think if the specs are the same there should not be any problems. My chassis batteries are also Lifeline AGM 8D (black) 2016. 

Thanks

Dario 

2001 #581 45'

Centex batteries 638.00 ea. plus freight

(07-11-2018, 10:03 AM)Keith Jordan Wrote:  
(07-11-2018, 03:15 AM)Deper10 Wrote:  It looks like I am having an issue with my house batteries. When I purchased it last fall, the top three were replaced with new Lifeline AGM 8D(white) batteries and I was told the bottom three were good. The new ones are 2017 and the bottom are 2013. I have now been told that you should not mix new with older as the older ones could bring down the new ones? I am going today to have a load test done on them and want to know if you can mix Lifeline with Dekka batteries. These are what the service center sales and they install in Liberty coaches near by. They are about 550 ea and the Lifeline are about 800, if I can find them. I would think if the specs are the same there should not be any problems. My chassis batteries are also Lifeline AGM 8D (black) 2016. 

Thanks

Dario 

2001 #581 45'

Centex batteries 638.00 ea. plus freight
This is for lifeline 8d phone # 903-603-6007 good guy to deal with

1995 # 390