You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air Spring for 1988 40 ft Single Screw

Does anyone have a listing on what air spring was used on the Mid-80's coaches. This is for the four on the drive axle.   I was able to get one number from a nomenclature tag but I am not sure if it is complete.    7555 0086 is all I could make out without taking it out.  Any clues what this might be??  Not listed in my manuals.  Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sorry, I don't know the answer, but I am dying to know since you have used the term multiple times, what do you mean by single screw?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(10-24-2016, 05:01 PM)Richard Wrote:  Sorry, I don't know the answer, but I am dying to know since you have used the term multiple times, what do you mean by single screw?

I am thinking a ship/boat analogy. Twin screw, two rear axles, single screw. one rear axle?
Jim

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

Yep. An old trucker colloquialism . Semi tractor with two drive axles is a twin screw.quite desirable when you are pulling a full grain trailer out of a field.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Single Screw is:  Nautically a vessel with one propeller.  Truck talk, single rear axle.  Twin Screw is two driving rear axles. Tag Axle, One driver, one load bearing only. Then there are Tri Axle, Quad Axle, Steer Axle, Steering Tag Axle, and so on. Sorry to add to the confusion.    Pete

It would appear that the bags have been replaced since I don't think bar codes were in existence in 1988.        I will borrow a inspection camera and check the other bags for more information.  Thanks   pk

the only markings on airbags i have seen that denote the complete air spring part number is on goodyears. the others have part numbers for the bag only, not including the upper and lower metal plates and the internal stop.

most of the time you will have to take one off and hope that the label is still on the bottom or top plate.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Twice on 2 different Newell's I've simply measured the top and bottom plates, noted the size and locations of fasteners and air inlet, I then searched the Firestone airbag catalog to find a match. It was very straightforward and that match was always perfect.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

jon, after i posted i realized i should have said that as well. for my tag bags i had to find a suitable substitute by doing that kind of detective work

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It takes a community to keep a Newell Smile

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed