You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Halloween at Tom and Darlenes

Today is the big day, halloween. our neighborhood has had an annual party from 4-6pm that has gotten bigger and bigger each year. it is a block party directly in front of our house. i will post pictures later tonite of it.

we have a full menu of hot dogs, chili, chips, drinks, popcorn, cotton candy, snowcones, home made root beer (mine) and games and fun.

last year we had between 4-500 people.

i make homemade rootbeer for the party and then we serve rootbeer floats for trick or treaters. i made some cool root beer machines i will also post pictures of later.

to give you an indication of how big this has gotten, last year we made 42 gallons of home made root beer. we went through 580 plastic cups and we served approximately 200 root beer floats to trick or treaters. they sometimes are ten deep waiting for it.

the party is over at 6 and totally cleaned up by 630pm and then the trick or treaters come till after 9.

not too late for someone to trip on over....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I wish you had mentioned this a couple of days ago, I would have hopped a plane just to get a taste of that root beer made in that contraption I saw in your garage last spring. Happy Halloween to you and Darlene!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

ok, halloween isnt over yet, but here are some pictures of it so far.

we made 43 gallons of root beer. and so far we have gone through almost 6 gallons of ice cream.

we used over 300 of the big red plastic cups for the party which lasted till about 615, then we cleaned up and started trick or treaters and they are still coming strong, sometimes 5-10 deep.

as i type there are 15 people waiting for root beer floats...so i had to get up and help, served about 20 or so and now a little break.

here are some pictures....

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Looks like yall had a great time! Hey, Missy was in costume, why wasn't Laura?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

That is fantastic.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Tom and Darlene, a wonderful and neat community service. But, I am wondering what the thing is that supports the rood beer sign. Maybe I need one.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica