You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

3rd annual no rally rally

We are on the way will not make tonight. Problem on i10, will leave sun am.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Two coaches left today & one Newell arrived.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

To all of the attendees of the 2017 "no rally-rally", Newell and non-Newell, we would like to thank you for allowing us to be party to a great gathering of wonderful and caring people. We'd also like to thank Steve, Richard and Rudy for coach education. Looking forward to next years gather. Steve, I hope to have my coach look 20% as good as yours.

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

Thanks to all who made this non-rally such a great time! It was definitely the highlight of our (tumultuous) trip! I really enjoyed meeting a bunch of you and hopefully can remember all your names/faces for the next time we meet! I learned a lot about my coach even though I was very embarrassed by how poorly it looked... Richard is a great teacher and I hope to learn more from him! Tom was a delight to visit with and a treasure trove of Newell information! I only wish I had more time to spend with you guys but I didn't pay attention to this site and missed the announcement somehow :-( We enjoyed meeting Julius and Charlene - they were a hoot! Next year we will plan to spend the whole week and I will have a much cleaner coach (probably not Steve-clean but cleaner than it is now!)... Oh yeah, for those who think I'm in my 70's for some reason ask me again after Cross-fit tomorrow - I've missed it for the last two weeks!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

it was 80's 70's is not old

nice to hang out with you guys

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We sooooo enjoyed the No Rally Rally!!!!
Bella Terra is a fabulous resort both aesthetically and socially. Appreciated all the knowledge and camaraderie.
Thank you to all the Gurus for making us feel welcome.

Julius & Charlene
2001 Newell #576

Last get together for the No Rally Rally.  McClouds organized a potluck dinner for the four Newells that are still here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(05-30-2017, 03:42 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Last get together for the No Rally Rally.  McClouds organized a potluck dinner for the four Newells that are still here.

Thanks again Richard and Julius. The lights are now, as the saying goes as different as night and day! When the lights are on Dim they are as bright as what high beam use to be. High beams are now bright and I am enjoying driving again at night. This was a great improvement and when I get the lens cleaned and polished I am sure they will even be better. Thanks again to all the Gurus who help with all my Projects.  This was the best No Rally Rally I have ever been to. All my old and new friends made this an event  I hope to do again. Bella Terrra Resort was very accommodating and May was a great time to be in Foley AL Plenty of things to do and the eating places were as good as any places I have travel to. I will be in Ouray CO at the Ouray RV Resort Aug 22-Sept 5 and then to Moab UT Portal RV Resort Sept 5-12 and then back to TN. I will have my RZR and Goldwing for a lot of ON and Off road riding. Would love for anyone to join and we can do some great trails. Restaurants and scenery are some of the best. Thank again for Steve Bare invitation and friendship.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

The No Rally Rally officially ends today.  2 Newells left yesterday & the last one leaves today.  The 3rd annual event was a huge success as 13 Newells and 3 SOBs showed up during the 3 week period.  The previous record for No Rally Rally events was 2 Newells and 1 SOB.

Many seminars were presented.  All of the seminar subjects were requested by the attendees.  Many repairs and coach improvements were completed during the get together.  Many Gurus helped others complete repairs on site.  Personally I added 2 slide seal vacuum pumps that were a big improvement.  I also replaced the bad blower motor in the salon AquaHot heat exchanger.  I repolished my wheels after seeing Rudy's reconditioned wheels that looked like new!    The amount of knowledge and experience that was represented was amazing and I learned so much.

Time was set aside just for fun as we went to see the Blue Angels and Battleship park and museum in Mobile.  If you missed out on taking a ride in Ron Skeen's Porsche you missed a hair raising experience!  We also shared many meals together at each others sites or at area restaurants.  Many old friendships were reestablished and many new ones established.  My memories of the No Rally Rally will last forever.  A special THANK YOU to each and every attendee!

For the Gurus that are going to the official Guru rally in Riudoso, NM (June 6th thru June 10th) you are in for an absolutely memorable experience as you meet up with many other Newell owners.  Have fun!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Arrived noon today, Friday. First one here.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica