You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Wonder switch

I wonder what this switch does.  It's located on the passenger side of the middle of the dash above the speaker and right of the 110 outlets.  When you throw it, a red light comes on.  As far as I can tell, that's all that happens.  There are old style mobile phone and (believe it or not) a satellite phone, neither of which work.  Think that might be it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Paul & Jane McCullough

Paul,
Looks like an add on, so good luck.

My coach, same era as yours, also had a treasure trove of Motorola old school mobile phones components hidden in different compartments.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

This is a "long shot" but....Maybe there was a spot light mounted to your coach at one time. I had one back in the day which had a wireless controller for aiming the light.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(12-12-2016, 07:16 AM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  This is a "long shot" but....Maybe there was a spot light mounted to your coach at one time. I had one back in the day which had a wireless controller for aiming the light.

The power source for a spotlight was used for (I think) the satellite phone, according to the fuse list and there's no sign of a spotlight on the roof.  I read how to get the top of the dash off in a different thread and will try that this weekend.  Maybe with the help of flex fiberoptic I can visually trace the wiring.  Thanks for the suggestion

(12-12-2016, 06:48 AM)Richard Wrote:  Paul,
Looks like an add on, so good luck.

My coach, same era as yours, also had a treasure trove of Motorola old school mobile phones components hidden in different compartments.

I'm trying to get that stuff out of the dash with the least collateral damage.  The wiring for the phones came up through the same opening as the jottodesk tower.  I'd prefer to disconnect--I don't like cut wires floating around.  Wish me luck.

Paul & Jane McCullough