You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

20 kw powertech genny radiator hose

hi all,

when i was doing a complete service on the genny, i noticed the upper radiator hose had been rubbing on the engine and was nearly worn through. simple enough, i would just get another.....

ends up that the upper hose is one that has been cut from a bigger one.

it is out of a 1985 buick rivera 5.0L.

there were no markings on the hose that helped. i emailed chuck at newell parts and he went out and looked at one and found a napa part number on it. here are the part numbers that cross reference to it.

W0000218 Workhorse
26163X AC Delco
8441 NAPA
465-21750 Gates
E71085 Dayco

i bought the gates one from a local autoparts store. $26 bucks. even online the cheapest i could get it for was only 3 bucks cheaper. i went to a distribution center type autoparts shop and to try and save me money he tried to find another hose, but to no avail.

i trimmed it and used some of the rest of it to make rubber shields to protect it from the engine and the same for the turbo hose.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Nice detective work, and thanks for posting the the information. Have you been for a drive since you put the new fuel hoses on to see if that stopped the problem?

My gennie stumbles occasionally, and I think some new fuel hose couldn't hurt.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

i have not been for a drive yet, but it is acting normal on regular start up so i suspect that is it.

also, the hose for the kohler 20kw genny looks the same but is a different diameter.

that is the one i originally got (and now will be steve's spare).

it was a Gates #21488 (ten bucks shipped on amazon prime) and looks the same as the "cut down" version but is 1" ID and the one i ended up getting is 1.25" ID.

the lower hose on mine is a flex hose, so that will be no issue.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH