You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AquaHot Exhaust Blowout

I have learned that rain can get into the exhaust pipe, especially if the wind is blowing just right. I make it a habit after a rain to run the genset.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Here's an idea for the techies among us:
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Garage-Sal...43745.html

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

How about "Low Tech" https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/2_Exhau...108633.htm

Jimmy

Still another good reason for a Carbon Monoxide Alarm!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve makes a really really good point. A leak in either the genie or AH exhaust could be a silent killer. I also installed one n the bedroom since my teenagers are prone to sleep in the bedroom on a long trip

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Important short story.
The LPG Heater in our cabin went out. Thankfully we had a CO Alarm and I am here today because of it..... We ALL need to have them in the Habitable Interior Spaces!
Thanks Richard, posts like this could save lives.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Got one on my nightstand in the coach.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Tom is going to get a kick out of this. Knowing that I needed to weld some new fitments to fix the exhaust was the impetus I needed to add a fancy mig welder to the garage.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

when you started talking mig a couple of days ago i started looking at them again too. which on? hobart, miller or lincoln? and which model, spool gun?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That would depend on what you want to weld. I have a Miller 135 for my MIG. I have a Thermal ARC Inverter for DC Stick and TIG. And I have a LINCOLN Buzz box for AC Stick.
If I was to have only one I would want the Miller 135, 120 Volts AC and very versatile with the different wire sizes. I also choose to use ARGON Gas when using the MIG.
Hope that I didn't loose you.