You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

All,
My name is Reese Cantrell and we live in East Texas. My wife and I do not a Newell, but we are looking. I have lurked on this board for a few years, but recently talked with Chappell Jordan and Richard Entrekin and they suggested that I join. We have a friend that has an 06 43' Newell and they are very happy with their coach. My wife and I have owned a 2003 Country Coach Intrigue, 2004 Foretravel U320, and a 2012 Foretravel IH 45. Up till now the Country Coach was our favorite coach. I have talked with Brian Pitts numerous times since 2007 and looked at Newell's on other websites besides the Newell site. We have been to Miami on three occasions.
Initially interested in the 2004 - 05 models to purchase, but have moved to the 06 - 08 models. What I like about the Newell Coach is the steerable tag axle, four slides, half bath, Valid slides, flat floors, rear bath, 20KW generators, and other features. The 24 hour service number with a live person is a tremendous feature to offer to their customer base. We always broke down after the service department closed. We saw both of our Foretravels being towed in the middle of the night. I have called the Newell service department and asked them questions about the coaches we were interested in and they have always been happy to be of assistance. That is good service. I have stated on the Foretravel forum and other boards that Newell is the best engineered, manufactured, and quality customer service in the motorhome industry. When we owned the IH 45 I had people ask me opinion about the IH 45 and I told them to go buy a Newell or Prevost. I told them they would be happier and less frustrated. 
Unfortunately I am not mechanically incline. When the coach has a problem I take it to mechanic for repairs. I can recognize a problem, possibility diagnosis the problem, but not repair the problem. I will probably ask more questions then provide answers on this board.
Thanks,
Reese

Reese, welcome to the forum,

i hope we can help you in your journey

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome Reese!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Glad to you have your participation. Welcome.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome Reese !

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

All,
Thanks for the welcome.
Reese

Reese,

I am in East Tennessee also - well for the summer months usually.

My '99 has needed my attention on several occasions, but I enjoy the challenges and have the experience and tools to deal with most anything.

There is however an option for professional services you may want to consider in our part of the country. East Tennessee Luxury Coach in Vonore, TN. The owner Jeff works almost exclusively on Prevost, but is capable of working on a Newell. He has no affiliation with Newell, but his abilities and the similarities of the coaches certainly make him an option. For the really heavy work he has lifts capable of raising a coach and a staff that he closely supervises. He has installed HCV's and air bags for me.

I have a Newell because at the time I did not want to deal with the delamination problems that some Prevost models were suffering. That is pretty much resolved so you may want to consider them as well.

Just keep in mind that to provide the luxury that this group of coach customers seems to want, the complexity has increased significantly. With that has come devices and systems that may be hard to source in the future. While multiplexed controls and glass dashes and the like are fun to play with - in time they will fail and may be very difficult to replace. Just some food for thought.

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Welcome Reese! We have a great group here and people willing to help with any coach related problem you may encounter.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Russ and Clarke,
Thank you for your welcome notes. I have read numerous posts about Jeff Rowe on the Prevost boards. Good information about him willing to work on Newell's.
Reese