You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

circuits

Have run into strange problem. Have lost both galley oversink 110v receptacles 
and bedroom receptacle. Sink ones are through inverter, but bedroom is not.
No power on shore or battery/inverter power. Everything else is fine.
Strange thing is bedroom receptacle is not through inverter and shows power
at breaker. Would have thought galley ones would be gfi., but are not.
Maybe description on breaker box in wrong.
Any thoughts on my problem or has anyone seen something like this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

Sounds like you have a GFI outlet popped somewhere

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(12-28-2016, 09:08 PM)encantotom Wrote:  Sounds like you have a GFI outlet popped somewhere

Tom

I checked that Tom. The only one I can find is the one in the bathroom and it works okay.
Did Newell ever use stand alone gfi's away from the receptacle, and not on the breaker?

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.

Look at sockets in basement for gfi? Does disposal run at sink?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We had similar issues with manufactured home a couple of times. Electrician from factory came out and fixed all 3 times. First time we had lost an outlet and hall light. It turned out to be a bad connection in light junction box. Second time we lost some outlets in different rooms. It turned out to be a bad connection in one outlet junction box. All were fed off same circuit. Last time we lost some outlets in both bathrooms. He looked for quite a while to find that the problem was a popped gfi. It seems that somehow 1 circuit had 2 gfi's on it and only one popped.

Thanks everyone, turns out to be a severe case of operator error. Original problem was tripped gfi
in bathroom. After I reset it, checked all receptacles with my tester pen, and found that 3 did
not register. This morning plugged in a small heater and it worked! 
For some reason my non contact voltage detector pen will not read these 3 receptacles.
Next time I will use a real voltmeter.

What are these tester pen and voltage meter things of which you speak? I thought only way to check an outlet was to plug something into it. LOL

I have one of these socket testers, inexpensive and will save you a lot of time.

[Image: 81-iavIBGyL._AC_UL115_.jpg] https://www.amazon.com/Amprobe-ST-102B-S...let+tester

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad