You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Everglades Isle RV park

We have spent the last 4 days at Everglades Isle RV park. We have thoroughly enjoyed it and the hospitality from manager Bill exceptional. Plenty to do with air boat, swamp bugs, hiking, nature drives, etc. the park is very well maintained and has plenty to do onsite, with boat docks, fishing, pool, club house and even a movie theater. Only 3 times to note:
1. If you are towing as soon as you cross the bridge into Everglades City, pull off on pavement on side of the road to disconnect. Otherwise, you will be blocking traffic while you wait for them to open the gate. Ask me how I know this...
2. Air boats run from 9am to 5pm. Our site over looked the river and we watched the boats all day long. Inside your coach you don't hear the noise, but outside, they might annoy you. I rather enjoyed watching the action.
3. They are only open Oct 1st to May 1st. Bill told us it is too hot and buggy during off season. BTW: we did NOT have a problem with bugs during our stay.
Nice place to stay while seeing the Everglades.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Another South Florida resort to consider is RiverBend Motorcoach resort in (8 miles West of) LaBelle. Has everything including 17 boat slips on the Caloosahatchee River. Check it out here.
http://riverbendflorida.com/Property-Map.aspx

David

David & Lou Ann Bouchard
Summer: Mount Vernon, Ohio
Winter: RiverBend Motorcoach Resort  LaBelle, Florida 
2003 Foretravel U320 38'