You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New member - again

I used to have a 1988 Newell 40' single axle, #174 if I remember correctly.  We loved it, used it a lot for about 8 years, and sold it after buying a 1999 Prevost XL40 Royale.  Have enjoyed it as well for about 4 years, but are now considering newer, 2001 to maybe 2008 - Newell again this time.  45 will probably be all there is, and everything of those years will have slides I imagine.  I am not familiar with that many coaches with slides, but most I have been in are not very usable until the slides are out.  We often stop in rest areas, Cracker Barrels, state parks, etc., often for one night only, and will not be opening the slides for various reasons.  I have seen a 2 slide Newell with both slides street side, and it was still quite roomy unopened. Have not been inside one, but have also seen 3 slide floor plans with 2 of the slides in the rear bedroom, along each side of the bed, and it would seem to work okay while closed.  Anyway, I wanted to rejoin your group and go back to learning from you while shopping for a Newell.  Thanks for your group and help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have a 2 side 99 Newell and when traveling I very seldom open the slides.  There is plenty of room to walk from front to back with no problem. I have found that this is the case with most Newell's with 2 slides in this era.  I live in Nacogdoches and when I visit Motor Homes of Texas, which is quite often, and they have a 4 slide on the lot with all slides closed, one might as well close the door and leave because there is no way to walk through and look at the inside.  If it is a bath and a half, you will have to climb over the bed to get to the rear bath.
Welcome again to the Gurus.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Welcome back!!

In 2001, most Newells were 2 or 3 slides with a few quad slides. In 2002 - 2005 most were 3 or 4 slides with a few 2 slide. By 2006 most were 4 slide with a few 2 and 3 slide units. In 2007, there may have been one 2 slide model and at least three 3 slides. In 2008, their are about 5 I am not sure about but all but one that I have information on are 4 slide with 1 three slide.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

The original owner of our coach designed it very well for traveling (it was a race team coach). With all the slides in we call it in "camper" mode. All the drawers are accessible except two at the end of the bed. You cannot walk to the back bathroom but you can walk to the half bath at mid coach. The bed when the slides are in can still be used if you sleep on a diagonal and you and your significant other are shorter than six feet. The hallway in "camper" mode is down to one person wide. There is room to scoot out of the way from your oncoming partner. I would not want to live for extended periods of time in "camper' mode but 3-4 days is not a problem. Our coach is a 2007 four slide 45' 8" model.

Good luck with your search for a new coach! We bought ours at the Newell factory in Dec 2015 for we wanted the security of the 2yr/24000 mile warranty from Newell to work out any issues after our purchase.

Happy New Year!
Oscar

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Welcome KC

I am the current steward of Coach 174. Purchased it in South Carolina. I sent you a PM. Pete

My 2001 is not a bath and a half, therefore you have access to almost everything with the slides in. The exceptions are that two of the rear closet doors cannot be opened and it is difficult to view the front TV from the couch. When we overnight at Walmart or Cracker Barrel, we try to park with the driver's side to the curb and open the slides. When traveling alone, I rarely open the slides when overnighting.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(01-15-2017, 02:02 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  I used to have a 1988 Newell 40' single axle, #174 if I remember correctly.  We loved it, used it a lot for about 8 years, and sold it after buying a 1999 Prevost XL40 Royale.  Have enjoyed it as well for about 4 years, but are now considering newer, 2001 to maybe 2008 - Newell again this time.  45 will probably be all there is, and everything of those years will have slides I imagine.  I am not familiar with that many coaches with slides, but most I have been in are not very usable until the slides are out.  We often stop in rest areas, Cracker Barrels, state parks, etc., often for one night only, and will not be opening the slides for various reasons.  I have seen a 2 slide Newell with both slides street side, and it was still quite roomy unopened. Have not been inside one, but have also seen 3 slide floor plans with 2 of the slides in the rear bedroom, along each side of the bed, and it would seem to work okay while closed.  Anyway, I wanted to rejoin your group and go back to learning from you while shopping for a Newell.  Thanks for your group and help.

If you are shopping, I've got a line on a quad slide (24"slides) which make it quite easy to navigate with slides in. 07 with 625cat. Will sell right. If interested email [email protected]

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

47' of ULTRA-CUSTOM NEWELL COACH

QUAD-SLIDE Front entry floorplan  2006  coach#796

Living & Electronic Systems include: Keyless entry, VIP Smart Wheel with tilt and telescope adjustments,Cobra CB Radio, Beltronics Radar Detector,Visteon In-Dash Tuner withXMWeldex Camera Monitor, KVH Inmotion sat, Powered HD Satellite Antenna, (2) HD  TVs, Pioneer Marantz Home Theater Rec. Surround Sound Speakers w/powered Sub-woofer,  Samsung BluRay Player,  15 KW Power Tech Generator, Recaro Leather driver & Co-pilot Seat w/massage, Silverleaf Monitoring, SmartTire Monitoring, Valid slides and auto-leveling system, (4) Roof A/C, Kuppersbusch cooktop,SubZero  Draw type Refer/Freezer, Sharp Convection Micro/oven, Garbage Disposal, Wine cooler, Fargot washer/dryer, AquaHot Diesel & Electric Heating, Flush mount windows,Silhouette Power Day/Night Shades, Leather  Sofa, Ekornes Recliner,dinning table with Pivotal Suspension Seating for four (4), Coffee table,  Corian Countertops, Heated Granite & Custom Inlaid Carpet Flooring, King size (magic) separating bed,drop down HD TV in Master Suite, Sky Light, In-Mirror TV, Safe, located in Master Steam Shower Bath, MACH 3 Headhunter fresh water pump, 3 Outback Inverters,
POWER:
 625HP Caterpillar  (pre-emission engine)with ZF Transmission, Steering Tag AxleSliding storage beds, Just a notch over 40,000 miles  Great coach! . Must See!! More information available upon request.

[Image: GetInline.aspx?messageid=80775862-30d0-1...oneredir=1] $100K NOW! just say you saw it on Newell Gurus,  Currently Kept Inside in Reno, NV
The price may have moved! Call or email 9856376811 [email protected]

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

(01-16-2017, 06:26 AM)rooster Wrote:  Welcome KC

I am the current steward of Coach 174.  Purchased it in South Carolina.  I sent you a PM.   Pete

I did reply the other day.  I hope you got it.