You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Time between 120 v compressor cycles

I timed mine today.  4 hours 17 minutes with no usage of any coach systems.  Just sitting g in the garage

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That is very good... .mine is right at 3 hrs with no use of doors or toilets.....looks like I got some work to do and sniff some leaks....
The six packs both rear and front seem to be tight, soapy water shows nothing....wonder if I need a Inficon unit to get to the more subtle leaks.
Found leaks on regulators, slide seals piping, front compressor fittings, toilets, pneumatic doors 4way solenoids...fixed those...
Will be changing all the airbags in the spring so that will be sorted then.

MG

While I was at Newell a couple of week ago, we found a leak at the 120 volt compressor.  When they connected their air hose to the coach we heard an air leak at the compressor.  The check valve had gone bad.  We also replace the air hose connection at the cross member tank on the right front air bag.  That was a bear to get to.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I was amazed at how effective the Inficon unit is. I walked the perimeter with the 8V running and it detected a leaky low air alarm switch up over the drive axle. I was impressed. Well worth the investment. I have not tested my Bluebird yet, but expect that will be a leaky boat.

Coach 174

Tom, what's your secret. Mine us about every 30 minutes or so. still tracking leaks but am running our, FOR THE MOMENT.

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster