You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tire Pressure Monitor

I had an interesting experience with "TireTracker" monitoring system. Last April I purchased this system with 12 sensors. I mounted the monitor up near the original tire monitor and spliced into the 12v power. My mistake. The unit is suppose to only plug into a cigarette lighter because the male adapter reduces the voltage going to the monitor. To my surprise, the company replaced the monitor at no cost even though it was my fault. I did the same thing with the Rand McNally GPS with the same results, but they repaired it under warranty. Some times you just luck out.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Good point Chester,
When I'm permanently mouning a device that requires a voltage reducing plug I mount a female plug under the dash and hardwire it into a 12V source. A multiple inlet plug would be a good idea. It's easy to route the power wire to the hidden plug and avoid having the male plug visible. A wire tie or electrical tape can help avoid vibration induced disconnect.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

That's what I did, have a 3 port 12v outlet inside the center console hard-wired to a 12v source. Runs my GPS, XM radio, and gives me a spare. That reminds me that I have to clean up the rats nest in there.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337