You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Member, searching for Newell

Hello all, and thanks for accepting me onto this forum!  We currently own a pretty fantastic (if I don't say so myself, lol) 1989 Vogue Prima Vista. We're looking to move up to a dbl or triple slide Newell, 2000-2002 or so. Until we find just the right one, thanks in advance for all the info and insight that I will glean from this forum. Cheers!  Bryan

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Good luck in your search Bryan. If you haven't already, take a look at the Coaches for Sale section of this site. I try to post all of the new ads I see for Newells there. 2000 had 1, 2 and a few 3 slide coaches. 2001 was predominately 2 slide in the first part of the model year and predominately 3 slide with a couple 4 slide in the latter part of the model year. 2002 was mostly 4 slide with some 3 slide and a few 2 slide. Virtually all the above will have the Detroit Series 60 500 HP engine with the Allison 6 speed transmission. They will all have HWH slides and an independent front suspension. All can be upgraded to 365/70 front tires on wider wheels without need of fender mods if that hasn't been done by a previous owner.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(01-26-2017, 09:06 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Good luck in your search Bryan. If you haven't already, take a look at the Coaches for Sale section of this site. I try to post all of the new ads I see for Newells there. 2000 had 1, 2 and a few 3 slide coaches. 2001 was predominately 2 slide in the first part of the model year and predominately 3 slide with a couple 4 slide in the latter part of the model year. 2002 was mostly 4 slide with some 3 slide and a few 2 slide. Virtually all the above will have the Detroit Series 60 500 HP engine with the Allison 6 speed transmission. They will all have HWH slides and an independent front suspension. All can be upgraded to 365/70 front tires on wider wheels without need of fender mods if that hasn't been done by a previous owner.

THANKS Michael!  Interesting that you mention the 365/70 tire upgrade......is that process as simple as replacing the tires?  I love the beefy look the larger tires provide. ? And what benefits does said upgrade deliver?

Bryan
Ionia, MI

welcome,

you have to get new wheels as well for the 365 tires. some coaches you have to change studs or have them machined down.

benefit is increased weight capacity as this vintage is right at its front axle weight limit. then you can run lower tire pressures to give a little softer ride up front.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(01-26-2017, 04:17 PM)encantotom Wrote:  welcome,

you have to get new wheels as well for the 365 tires.  some coaches you have to change studs or have them machined down.  

benefit is increased weight capacity as this vintage is right at its front axle weight limit.  then you can run lower tire pressures to give a little softer ride up front.  

tom

Very interesting Tom, thanks!

Bryan
Ionia, MI

Lots of information on this site about the 365 tire upgrade. Here is a link, but you can search as well.
http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...7#pid29167

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model