You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

ABS sensor for Dana axle (2000ish vintage coach)

Thanks Richard. Perhaps at the rally.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Richard, did that sensor work for you after installation?  I was in there the same time you were and they replaced one of mine (with the wrong sensor) and I have been getting the ABS warning light ever since.  They are supposed to send me one when they can find one that works.  Mike mentioned that you had the same problem and that you were researching the issue.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

Jack,

I think I talked with you at Newell. I think I found the correct sensor (see earlier post on this thread)...but I still have ABS error. The current thinking is that my tone ring is out of alignment/warped. Will need to take the wheel apart to get at the tone ring.

Will report back when I know something. In the meantime, you could try the 65mm ABS sensor. It is a fairly easy replacement though it helps to have the wheels off.

I provided the information about the sensor to Newell.

Cheers,
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Gang,

Ok, so I am back on the hunt. I took wheel off, and as predicted the tone ring is damaged. I was able to find a part number for a "Pole Wheel" in the Dana Spicer manual. (F4683 / 100) I think the 100 means 100 teeth.

So far, I have not had any luck finding a tone ring online. Will post back to this thread, when I find it.

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I talked to Tom and he indicated that on his coach, the tone ring is integral to the rotor (or at least the tone ring is pressed into the rotor). The disc rotors that Newell do not have an integral rotor. The part number of the rotor that was replaced during the differential incident is BW II37415N. I have not figured out if that includes a tone ring or not.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama