You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water filter woes

Richard:

Shouldn't that have the domed washer in it also? All my gray Pex fittings have them and I have two slight drips. Newell has been robbing the domed washers out of new white Pex fittings. I've been trying to find a sources for the 1/2" and 3/4".

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Steve,

I don't know. I was hoping an online supplier would give a clue but no luck. http://www.pexuniverse.com/1-2-pex-x-1-2...free-brass

Those type fittings for hose connections do have a washer. You might look at those in Home Depot to see if you can find the washer.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(02-26-2017, 07:09 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Mike,
I need to correct my earlier post...
 Here is a pic of a fitting I removed from my Newell when I installed the water softener. I don't believe there was a grommet in it. The brass is tapered and seats into a female taper in the other fitting. It may just need to be cleaned real well and lubricated with plumbers grease or petroleum jelly for reassembly.

That is the same fitting, but mine had a grommet that slid inside the tube being attached, which was torn and leaked. I checked with Lowe'd and HD, they did not carry the grommets. I put back together with teflon grease and it has a slight leak.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

I just happened to be in Lowes today. Rhonda might say " and that differs from any other day, how?'

I don't know if this grommet would help or not but this particular connector had one on each end.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I will check that out thanks! First I have to get my nerve up to take it apart again. Very minor leak so no hurry...

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model