You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Safety shut down circuit

A while back, I had someone replace the upper radiator hoses. in the process, they didn't get the wires to the radiator level sensor properly secured and the fan ate them. The coach still runs fine, but I really need some help & guidance to check out the complete shut down circuit & get it back to proper operating condition.
Does anyone have any kind of a schematic for a non-computer diesel?
Pictures and/ or part numbers of the sensors would be a big help too.

Electrical trouble shooting is NOT something that comes naturally to me.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

I found this - does anyone know if it is what was used on the MUI 8V92's ?

http://www.rossairworks.com/images/stori...on-905.pdf

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

The document you linked to shows only a single wire going to the coolant level sensor while you stated "wires" plural going to the sensor, so the linked document is not applicable to the system on your coach.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

(02-26-2017, 07:08 PM)77newell Wrote:  The document you linked to shows only a single wire going to the coolant level sensor while you stated "wires" plural going to the sensor, so the linked document is not applicable to the system on your coach.

Thanks, but i forgot to mention that there are 2 sensors in the top radiator tank, 1 with 1 wire & 1 with 2 wires.

Oh, the joy . . .

I'm really hoping I can fix what I have without having to replace it all. . . .

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740