You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newbe to Forum

(03-03-2017, 02:42 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Max, it is best if you can break your questions up and post them in the appropriate sections so they don't get too off subject. For example, under Technical Discussions there is a section for Air Operated Systems and Leaks.

There are technical forums for drivetrain, suspension, interior, exterior, air conditioning, plumbing, TV/Satellite/Audio, Heating, Generators, Electrical, Towing, Air operated systems, slides, engine and transmission monitoring systems, appliances, fuel and a catch all "anything else".

If you want in-depth discussion, that would be the place to go.

As to the manuals, there are some manuals in the Documentation Forums

Using the Search field is one of the best ways to find information on the forum.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, will do.

2000 Country Coach Affinity C12
2006 VW TDI Toad
2012 Chevy Traverse 2nd Toad (When taking the "Cricket")

1994 Wellcraft Portofino 2x 3208's 

As an aside, year will determine the suspension. 2004 was the introduction of the ZF suspension which all have the powered steering tag axle. Prior to 2004 models and a number of 2004 models have the Dana IFS suspension until back in the 1996 range where most had the Ridewell Solid Front Suspension. Get the ZF if you can afford it, the turning circle is amazing.

Allison transmission were standard until the introduction of the Cat C-15 during 2005. After that, ZF transmissions were used primarily with the high torque engines and then the Allision's were reintroduced with reduced torque engines. Pros for the ZF: 1) handles higher torque engines, 2) better in mountains. Pros for the Allison: 1) smoother shifting, 2) more service centers to work on it, 3) faster 0-60 times. In late 2010 Newell started putting the Cummins ISX in their coaches. To the best of my knowledge, all of the Cummins ISX coaches to date have had Allison transmissions so most Newells after 2011 have Allison transmissions.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(03-03-2017, 02:58 PM)The Fulltiming Wrote:  As an aside, year will determine the suspension. 2004 was the introduction of the ZF suspension which all have the powered steering tag axle. Prior to 2004 models and a number of 2004 models have the Dana IFS suspension until back in the 1996 range where most had the Ridewell Solid Front Suspension. Get the ZF if you can afford it, the turning circle is amazing.

Allison transmission were standard until the introduction of the Cat C-15 during 2005.  After that, ZF transmissions were used primarily with the high torque engines and then the Allision's were reintroduced with reduced torque engines. Pros for the ZF: 1) handles higher torque engines, 2) better in mountains. Pros for the Allison: 1) smoother shifting, 2) more service centers to work on it, 3) faster 0-60 times.  In late 2010 Newell started putting the Cummins ISX in their coaches. To the best of my knowledge, all of the Cummins ISX coaches to date have had Allison transmissions so most Newells after 2011 have Allison transmissions.
Again thanks, that's what I was curious about.  I prefer Allison for parts and service centers. I'll just go slower up the mountains.... Smile

2000 Country Coach Affinity C12
2006 VW TDI Toad
2012 Chevy Traverse 2nd Toad (When taking the "Cricket")

1994 Wellcraft Portofino 2x 3208's