You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newbe to Forum

I wasn't talking about the controllers for the engine, tranny, and aquahot. Those are readily available. I was talking about the controller that turns the lights on and off, shades up and down, starts the gen set, scratches your back all from one keypad or Ipad.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Max,
My wife and I have just completed that journey of deciding between a Newell Coach or a Prevost. We purchased Newell Coach 1242 last week. Previously we had owned a 03 Country Coach, 04 Foretravel, and a 12 Foretravel. We test drove a 10,09,and a 06 Prevost XLII. The Newell Coaches that we test drove were (2) 08s, 07, and a 06. From my vantage point the Newell's drove just as well as the Prevost's. The best driving coach was the 07 Newell.
We picked the Newell because of 4 slides, steerable tag axle, flat Valid slide floors, bath and a half, more storage space in the basement, CAT engine, according to my wife more counter top space in the galley, and numerous other reasons. Newell's customer service department has an excellent reputation.

Reese

(02-27-2017, 05:13 PM)Richard Wrote:  I wasn't talking about the controllers for the engine, tranny, and aquahot. Those are readily available. I was talking about the controller that turns the lights on and off, shades up and down, starts the gen set, scratches your back all from one keypad or Ipad.

Okay, mine are all on separate switches, now I understand.  I had a bad motor in my front window curtains to close them.  I was bound and determined to make it work.  My cousin with his Winneabgo Tour would park next to me and his wife would open and close their curtains by hand while I was working on it.  Took the hint and now close mine by hand (all of 5 seconds....  Smile

(02-28-2017, 04:49 AM)rcantrell52 Wrote:  Max,
My wife and I have just completed that journey of deciding between a Newell Coach or a Prevost. We purchased Newell Coach 1242 last week. Previously we had owned a 03 Country Coach, 04 Foretravel, and a 12 Foretravel. We test drove a 10,09,and a 06 Prevost XLII. The Newell Coaches that we test drove were (2) 08s, 07, and a 06. From my vantage point the Newell's drove just as well as the Prevost's. The best driving coach was the 07 Newell.
We picked the Newell because of 4 slides, steerable tag axle, flat Valid slide floors, bath and a half, more storage space in the basement, CAT engine, according to my wife more counter top space in the galley, and numerous other reasons. Newell's customer service department has an excellent reputation.

Reese

I hope to do the same one day, the more I find out the more we're leaning towards the Newell.  Did you drive both and if you did what was your thoughts?

2000 Country Coach Affinity C12
2006 VW TDI Toad
2012 Chevy Traverse 2nd Toad (When taking the "Cricket")

1994 Wellcraft Portofino 2x 3208's 

Max,
I only drove the XLIIs. 

Reese

(02-28-2017, 10:54 AM)rcantrell52 Wrote:  Max,
I only drove the XLIIs. 

Reese

Compared to your new Newell, handling and ride about the same or better?  I've only been interested in the XL's due to height of H's.

2006 VW TDI Toad

Max,
In my opinion the Newells drove and handled as good if not better than the Prevost. The 07 Newell that I test drove was the quietest coach that I have had the pleasure to drive. It handled well did not make adjustments to the steering. It tracked well going down the highway. There are individuals on this board that have considerably more experience with Prevosts and Newells than I have. They could give you a better evaluation. In comparison Newells have features that Prevosts do not have or offer. The steerable tag axle is a fantastic feature to have on a 45' coach. Also, the Valid slides with flat floors and the four slides.
Hopefully, somebody that has owned a Prevost will post on this thread. You will not go wrong buying a Newell. We are happy with our purchase.

Reese

(03-01-2017, 05:00 AM)rcantrell52 Wrote:  Max,
In my opinion the Newells drove and handled as good if not better than the Prevost. The 07 Newell that I test drove was the quietest coach that I have had the pleasure to drive. It handled well did not make adjustments to the steering. It tracked well going down the highway. There are individuals on this board that have considerably more experience with Prevosts and Newells than I have. They could give you a better evaluation. In comparison Newells have features that Prevosts do not have or offer. The steerable tag axle is a fantastic feature to have on a 45' coach. Also, the Valid slides with flat floors and the four slides.
Hopefully, somebody that has owned a Prevost will post on this thread. You will not go wrong buying a Newell. We are happy with our purchase.

Reese

(03-01-2017, 05:00 AM)rcantrell52 Wrote:  Max,

Reese

Thanks Reese,
That's what I thought.  Too many people have nothi no but good things to say about them.

2006 VW TDI Toad

Which forum do you ask general questions about Newell's?

I'm interested in understanding the Air Systems, I have HWH and a small compressor, that once level, won't kick on until bag is low or not level.  On uneven area it can go about 5 days before starting up.  On level ground it won't at all.  

The waste tanks.  Sounds like Newell uses one tank with air release. Waste tank similar to Marine tanks that use salt to eliminate odors and your not suppose to use break down chemicals?

Transmission, Allison or ZF?

Stearing, tag axles, ZF or another brand.  

Any manuals online to review systems, brands and how they work? 

Thanks.

2006 VW TDI Toad

Max, it is best if you can break your questions up and post them in the appropriate sections so they don't get too off subject. For example, under Technical Discussions there is a section for Air Operated Systems and Leaks.

There are technical forums for drivetrain, suspension, interior, exterior, air conditioning, plumbing, TV/Satellite/Audio, Heating, Generators, Electrical, Towing, Air operated systems, slides, engine and transmission monitoring systems, appliances, fuel and a catch all "anything else".

If you want in-depth discussion, that would be the place to go.

As to the manuals, there are some manuals in the Documentation Forums

Using the Search field is one of the best ways to find information on the forum.

Hope this helps.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(03-03-2017, 02:42 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Max, it is best if you can break your questions up and post them in the appropriate sections so they don't get too off subject. For example, under Technical Discussions there is a section for Air Operated Systems and Leaks.

There are technical forums for drivetrain, suspension, interior, exterior, air conditioning, plumbing, TV/Satellite/Audio, Heating, Generators, Electrical, Towing, Air operated systems, slides, engine and transmission monitoring systems, appliances, fuel and a catch all "anything else".

If you want in-depth discussion, that would be the place to go.

As to the manuals, there are some manuals in the Documentation Forums

Using the Search field is one of the best ways to find information on the forum.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, will do.

2006 VW TDI Toad