You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My 1975 Classic - looking for info on it and any general answers

Thanks - great stuff!!

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Yes, the wallpaper and liner will be removable.

Check out Leatherique for recoloring or restoring vinyl and leather.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Hi John,

I've  got  a '75  35-footer also. 3500RE1038D365J. Had it for about 14 years and have used it as a mobile office when drilling oil and  and gas wells.  Cat 1160 with Allison 6-speed.   I've put about 15,000 miles on it and its been a great and fun  vehicle.  Almost everything on it works, and I tow a '97 Neon with it..  I've got most of the documentation still.  Feel free to contact me l with any questions.  I'll be putting it up for sale in a couple of months.

Mark Harison, Haskell, OK, [email protected]

Mark,

Glad you joined us.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(03-12-2017, 07:17 AM)mharison Wrote:  Hi John,

I've  got  a '75  35-footer also. 3500RE1038D365J. Had it for about 14 years and have used it as a mobile office when drilling oil and  and gas wells.  Cat 1160 with Allison 6-speed.   I've put about 15,000 miles on it and its been a great and fun  vehicle.  Almost everything on it works, and I tow a '97 Neon with it..  I've got most of the documentation still.  Feel free to contact me l with any questions.  I'll be putting it up for sale in a couple of months.

Mark Harison, Haskell, OK, [email protected]

Wow that's great Mark - I'd be interested in any documents you have time to copy that you think would be helpful.

When I bought this one they didn't have any paperwork with it.

I hope to run my unit for that long.

Love the Classics !!

John and Marcia Marshall 
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
Love old tech  Idea

Well folks here's my 2018 update on the 75 Newell Restore project

Updated my Onan 6500wattt gasoline generator to Generac 8500watt Quiet Diesel "ok it's not that quiet"

The body work and getting ready for paint has taken forever - the pictures are in my gallery under restore folder. While doing some of the patching I found some rusted metal around the door and stairway for the mid entry. Mine has the water bay right there so the tanks will need to be removed to get the old out and new metal welded in. That should be interesting to say the least.

I spend countless hour's on stripping and sanding etc.. the primer I used worked great as far as etching to the surface - I really needed a sealer coat for some of the area's - oh well that will be paint job #2 if I feel the need to update the look.
The paint design was by committee so neither Marcia or I got it the way we wanted - all and all I think we both love it. I've started the process of updating a lot of the lighting to led. The vintage Dietz fixtures on the top will remain as bulbs - did some cleanup and will reseal or replace lens depending on availability. The amber are out there - haven't seen any red yet.

Dietz 2-18

The interior of the project is getting there - all the bad wood has bee replaced - the wall coverings are a rustic barn wood look - I still have one side of the bed room area to finish - then it's the floors next - the main area will be bamboo hardwood planks - the front area will be black speckled carpet - I'm going to put in automotive floor sound deaden-er throughout. I'll post some pictures - right now it looks like a disaster - ok, I am pretty messy when working. Understatement - as Marcia rolls her eye's.

I still have too many items to have a complete list - electrical - some window glass - etc..

Seeing some visible progress has been fun.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John and Marcia Marshall 
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
Love old tech  Idea

Good luck with your project. Looks like you have already come a long way with it. Our 1984 has a bamboo hardwood floor put in by the previous owner, Todd Flickema of Sioux falls, S.D. We are full timers and it is wearing very well. Todd still reads this forum, so perhaps he can add details o the floor install. He did  a fantastic job.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Thanks Guy
That's good to hear - with the small area it shouldn't be a big install - I'm looking forward to getting to that part of the project - it will be the indicator that I'm getting close to be able to take it somewhere. Of course with something of this vintage I'll be working on different parts as time goes by. It's the gift that keeps giving.

John and Marcia Marshall 
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
Love old tech  Idea