You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air Systems

There should be a check valve between the water filter and the tank. If there is, many coaches, including mine, have an automatic electrical drain at the bottom of the water bowl. It empties the bowl every time the compressor shuts off. In the process it takes the head pressure off of the compressor which aids startup. The 12 volt automatic system is complicated and when it failed I replaced it with 120 volt system which is much simpler. A good bubble spray is found in a children's toy department at Walmart. Children us the stuff to blow bubbles. Just add a little water and you will be able to find the smallest of air leaks.

The blue hose in your photo obscures the bottom of the water bowl.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I went to Dollar Tree and for a buck got a 32 oz bottom of kids bubbles. I soaked everything on filter and lines to the tank really good and could not find any leaks. I said to myself, I may have to turn in my man-card if I don't find this :-) or at last my Guru card. However, I did find a leak on the regulator valve (or that is what I think it is - picture below). The leak is just to the left of the brass nut on what appears to be a joint. I can push around on it and stop the sound of the leak. Does that sound like it is cracked? Anyone have a part number?

What about instructions to replace?
Thanks Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Based on the knob, it looks like an air pressure regulator.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Sometimes just unscrewing a fitting, cleaning it, retaping with teflon (if an NPT pipe thread) can stop a leak.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest is correct. You may also try turning the left brass nut and see if the leak stops. I would place even money it will. If it still leaks you need some DOT 1/4" compression ferrules, remove the left nut, cut off the old ferrule, install a new one and tighten the nut.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed