You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

turn signal arm

On all prior coaches I have owned, the turn signal arm automatically returns to neutral when the turn is completed. My 2001 Newell does not and I am forever forgetting to manually return it. Is something wrong with my signal arm or am I stuck with remembering to return it to the center?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

hi chester, same question i had.

i am assuming you have the smart wheel. if so, then it is a manual turn signal.

all of us that have that wonder the same thing.

on mine it has a beeper that has a volume know hidden underneath the drivers left arm console that you can turn it up high, or off or anywhere inbetween. if i dont leave that on i forget to return the level to off

not the answer you wanted, but an answer.

if i am wrong or anyone knows differently, please educate me as well.

chester, thanks for posting and joining us

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hey Tom, I cannot find a switch related to the turn signal volume, but I did find a rocker switch under the left arm panel that says "HWH override or normal". Any idea what this if for?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

it is amazing how different these things can be....

i have a override normal switch in the hydraulic bay and mine is always on. from what i understand it allows you to put it in gear if the system still thinks the slides are out. on mine if the slide pins are not locked, i have a LEVEL light on my overhead over the driver.

i also have an leveling override switch on the dash that allows me to use the HWH leveling panel when the coach is in gear to raise and lower it over or under obstacles. from what i have heard most of you dont have that one

so i am not sure which function your switch gives.

the volume knob for my turnsignals is on a little box and is very obvious so if you dont see it you likely dont have it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Chester,
Tom is right it could perform either function. Your coach should have the same leveling system as Tom's, so it may be a leveling override switch that was added after manufacturing--awfully odd location. With the switch in normal, key on, push the raise button on the HWH touch pad and release. On your leveling system it should immediately go back to travel mode. Then put the switch in override. Now if you push the same raise button it should stay on & continue to raise. If it is the slide override switch, again it is in an odd place. Most of those are on the top or bottom of the HWH control box in the front left bay. With your slide out, key on, put the switch in override and try putting your Allison in gear. If it goes in gear it is the slide override switch. It will perform one of these functions. Let us know.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531