You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New-to-us Newell, rough start!

What Jon said is very true for me and probably lots of us. I previously owned his coach and enjoyed it for a few years. But when we sold the house and decided to full-time a few years I thought the same. A newer coach would be nicer, roomier with slides and just better. So while visiting with Steve Magown we decided to go to Motorhomes of Texas to look at a '98 45' with 2 slides. Wow! so much nicer. Well without much forethought we bought it. When we first left about an hour into our drive north we stopped at a rest area. Got out to stretch my legs and just admire our pretty coach. What?!? Why is the trailer hitch on the ground? Turned out I had inadvertently hit the tag air release switch. It was doing ok while at highway speeds but once stopped the tag airbags emptied. After a few frantic calls to MOT the mechanic asked if the switch was in the middle position? Huh? middle? thought it was on/off? Got that remedied then proceeded on our way to Steve Bare's place for a visit and a great schooling on our coach. Then headed out west for an awesome adventure.
So if you know anyone near you with a similar Newell try to spend time with them. Or try and come to either Newell Guru gatherings this summer. The guys there can help you with understanding your coach. But like others said a visit to Newell is well worth the time to learn and appreciate your Newell.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

(04-08-2017, 09:08 AM)whatsnewell Wrote:  The small whiteboard works great.......I leave it on the steering wheel so I have to deal with it before I turn over the diesel...

Hey!  That looks like 599 behind you in your picture there.  Smile

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

Forest, I had exactly the same thing happen to me, but I was stuck in Mexico. Newell hot line saved the day and I now check that switch often to be sure it is in the neutral position.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica