You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter

On my coach the small breaker box is located on the rear wall of the 5th compartment back on the left side.

Also make sure you check the inverter fuse on the positive battery cable coming from the house batteries to the inverter. Mine is located on the rear wall of the 5th basement compartment on the right side.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Hmmmmmmm, I just cant recall the breakers at the inverter box on my 95. Do check around in the main box.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Maybe my 95 has been rewired, but I could not find a inverter only breaker box. I had a 30 amp breaker to the inverter, but all the inverter loads were direct to the inverter, {almost every receptacle in the coach] . Wanted to put new fridge on a separate smaller inverter, but could not without major rewiring. Did think it a strange way to wire things.

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

(04-19-2017, 03:51 PM)NeBob Wrote:  
(04-19-2017, 03:29 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  Bob -  That looks exactly as it should.   In other words, you have asked the inverter to produce AC power when there is no AC supplied to it.  Looking at your image I cannot tell for sure if the AC IN light is illuminated or not.  When it is on, the inverter will not produce AC.

So, be sure it is off and then check for voltage from your inverter.  You should see a romex cable leaving the inverter and going to a small distribution panel with about 4 breakers.  If you inverter is not working and all those breakers are on, then all that stuff will not work.   It is easy to check the microwave or your TV or the light inside your refrigerator.  If they are all off then we can assume the inverter is not working.   At that point my next check would be the DC voltage to the inverter.   There is a high capacity fuse located near the DC input to the inverter.  Can you verify good DC voltage to ground on both sides of that fuse?
I have yet to find the breakers on the Romex leaving the inverter. I will check the voltage from the batteries next. Is there a possibility there could be breakers in the transfer box in the rear of the coach?
Checked voltage on both sides of the 300 amp fuse and both were 13.4 volts. The Romex leaves
 The inverter and goes up into the coach. Looked in all the cabinets and still no breakers.

Bob,

As has been mentioned in this thread earlier the setup where there is a small breaker distribution box for all things powered by the inverter and located near the inverter is great design. That also provided Newell a way to offer the coach owner the option of plugging that box into an outlet powered from the transfer switch, or into an outlet powered by the inverter. It certainly sounds like your coach is not wired that way and you may have to beg help from someone with a coach wired the way yours is. As my good friend Steve Bare always says, "No two Newell are alike".

Keep digging and asking questions and I am sure some guru will figure this out - maybe you!

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Bob,

I would look at my inverter manual to find which panel on the inverter to remove in order to access the AC output. Put the voltmeter on the output. That will eliminate all the guess work about breakers and whatnot.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Good for checking all your branch circuits too.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-N.../100661787

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

(04-21-2017, 02:20 AM)Richard Wrote:  Bob,

I would look at my inverter manual to find which panel on the inverter to remove in order to access the AC output. Put the voltmeter on the output. That will eliminate all the guess work about breakers and whatnot.

Well I guess this is called "egg on my face".  After trying all your suggestions to no avail I pulled out the manual for a look see and found there are two switches on the inverter. One for charging and one for inverting. The one for inverting was not on. Works great now. 
Thanks for all the help. I'll do a little more research next time.

Well thanks for following up and letting us all know. This thread may help someone else in the future. As I predicted earlier, you might just be the one to figure it out. Way to go!

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Well Bob, all I can say is Welcome to the Club!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337