You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#1227 2008 SOLD

2008, Quad Slide. Cat C-15 625HP, ZF transmission at Motorhomes of Texas $559,500

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/new...alf--C1998

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

That coach was at Newell for a long time. I don't think it sold that long ago.

It was repainted to this scheme. Before it was creamy white with all kinds of confetti colors. (I loved the old paint). It also looks as if they have replaced the floor. If I remember correctly, the generator was replaced along the way.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Correct Bill. I have attached a photo of the original paint scheme. It originally had carpet in the salon and bedroom and I believe marble tile in the kitchen and baths. When Newell had it, it still had carpet in the bedroom. It is a very attractive coach.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

SOLD

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Correct on all counts ~ it sat for a VERY long time at Newell, and the flooring was all updated (which was a big improvement, as the previous flooring was really "busy"). Weird that within a very, very short time of it being "sold" at Newell, it was listed for sale at Motorhomes of Texas...Like less than a few weeks I believe.

I actually test drove that coach when they stationed it out at Holland in San Marcos a number of years ago. Was NOT used to the non-Allison transmission and scared the bejesus out of the little VW behind us when we we started rolling backward on a hill waiting at the light! Very nice coach, though.

Mark of SJC

Doesn't MOT buy some coaches from Newell at wholesale to put on their lot?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Relisted at MOT for $539,500

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/new...alf--C2064

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Original listing at Newell with old flooring and red dinette seating. ZF Transmission was listed as 12 speed at Newell vs 10 speed at MOT. 
Listing error by MOT?

http://www.newellcoach.com/newell-coaches/coach-1227/

Possible Newell Coach Owner. 
North Texas

You are correct, Newell did list it as a 12-speed ZF transmission BUT according to the original Newell build sheet and the original Newell floorplan, it has the Caterpillar C15 625 bhp/2050 LB/FT engine with the ZF ASTronic 10-speed transmission and there are no build sheet change orders that mention any change to the drivetrain. So the real answer is I don't know.

The new paint scheme was completed by Newell on May 14, 2014.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

SOLD

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com