You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Phantom screen door

My coach (#599) has a Phantom screen door that is acting up........I called the Phantom rep out to service it.  He needs to remove the mechanism to repair it, Newell has enclosed the Phantom mechanism with laminate covered panels with no visible attachment screws. 

I'll attach a couple pics.  The red arrow points at the Phantom screen mechanism that needs to be removed to be serviced; the green arrow points to the facia/trim that needs to be removed.

Has anyone else been down this road before?  Thanks in advance. 

Bryan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP

At the other side of the door, the round lament panel snaps into spring clips. Just pull on it and it comes off. The screen side may be the same.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I sent an email to Newell, they got back with me today with the info I needed...........in a nutshell, the aluminum threshold needs to be removed, which then reveals some screws that hold the lower track in place; the upper track has similar screws which need to be removes as well.  Then both track can be slid out, and with them will come the Phantom Screen mechanism. 

It's amazing how easy some things are when you have the correct information.  Smile

The Phantom Screen service rep is scheduled to be back tomorrow to make the necessary repairs to the screen mechanism, I will then reinstall the screen, and life will be good!

Bryan
Ionia, MI
1983 Apollo Sceptre 35' DP