You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

stuck windows

Ok, here is the problem.  The windows are all stuck!! Drivers side is not, but all the other windows are stuck tight. Tried to use silicon spray, tried to use the suction cup method. The suction cup method worked back in November with Sue inside and Guy outside on a ladder with suction cups and lots of struggling to get them open. Any solutions? We are about 1 1/2 weeks to full time status and it would help to have some air going thru the house...
THanks , Huh

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Todd used some new felt that was slightly larger than the old.... he gave me what was left over and I redid the passenger window,  and now it can be quite hard to open, but we can get it open after a lot of work.  We have to make sure we open that window every time we roll our wheels, or we have the same problem.  Theoretically it should get easier with regular use.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Man after we put them in we never had trouble. Could not budge them before that though. I got it all from Newell. Sounds like they have expanded or something to create that much of a bind. Sorry to hear this Guy. Can you get a flat screw driver in between the seal and glass and just push the seal down and work your way back? Not sure what to tell you.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Guy,
I have used Gibbs lubricant before. It is a unique product that doesn't leave a film. Very thin viscosity...almost like alcohol so it penetrates well. Works great on some things.
http://www.gibbsbrandlubricant.com/
Also, The top felt may have dropped slightly from vibration and time/gravity. Try pushing it up with a putty knife.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

In the past, I too, have used silicone spray with no discernable improvement. I would not use a flat screwdriver to pry the initial movement of the window as that will chip the glass. A thin putty knife is safer. Almost daily opening the windows was the only thing that seemed to keep them mobile.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I am sure with daily use they will get easier. The driver window is now perfect with use. I may remove the interior window trim to get thing moving.

BTW Todd you will appreciate this. I have had lots of a/c problems in the past few months. Sue kept telling me one of the three thermostats was blinking with a red battery indicator. I knew it has to be more complicated than that. Spent a day looking for someone to service these hybrid type basement a/c units. Long story short, she replaced all the batteries, and of course the a/c's are back to working perfectly !

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Yep. Wise man named Tom (lives in AZ) once told as I fixed things look
For the simple fix because that's usually what's wrong. Or was that Richard. Wait no maybe Clarke. It was everyone come to think of it.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota