You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Help finding drag link ends
Photo 

My steering wheel has a little play in it and it is from the drag link ends.  Does anyone have any idea where I could find replacement drag link ends for my '81?  I don't know who made the axle as the tag is no longer there.  Newell could only tell me it was Dana or Rockwell.  Dana can't help without a part #.  The axle is an "I-beam" style.  
I saw that Richard replaced his drag link ends in 2014 but my Newell is much older.
Included are photos of the drag link ends.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You are in luck. Look at the screw slot in the end of the link. If you pull the carter key, you may be able to adjust the link end.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-21-2017, 03:42 PM)Richard Wrote:  You are in luck. Look at the screw slot in the end of the link. If you pull the carter key, you may be able to adjust the link end.

Thanks Richard.  The bus mechanic who looked at it said we could try that if I'm unable to find replacements but if we adjust them and there is a spring or part inside the end that is broken (or worn) it could cause the steering to bind making it worse.  He said that if that happened we could adjust them back where they were but I was concerned that it could continue to bind.  I guess it's worth a try.