You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

new owner

Just acquired a 1987 #010. So excited to own one of these coaches. We are in SE Kansas, not far from Newell Corp in Miami.  Spoke briefly with the Maintenance Dept Manager yesterday and an appointment will be made soon to take it to them to make sure all systems are go. Look forward to sharing and learning about this gem of a coach. Pics and questions coming soon.
Thanks

Fishinator, 
James & Dr. Jeanie 
1987-8V92 Coach#132

Welcome aboard.

If you will add your coach number to your signature, it will help us when helping you cause we may not remember next week that it's an 87.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Fishinator. You have the 10th Newell built in 1987. At that time, Newell used the year and the sequence number for the model year in the VIN. If you have the floorplan for the coach, it may list the actual coach number, which I suspect is about 132. Between 1983 and 1989, a Newell can be referred to either by the year and sequence number or by the coach number although many owners don't know what the coach number is. Newell will be able to confirm the actual coach number. We would love to see some photos.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Tell us a little more about your coach. I suspect it has the Detroit Diesel engine but it could be an 8V92 or a 6V92 although most were 8V92's. Does it have the 4 speed Allison transmission? Length? We love details.

Also, tell us about you. Are you mechanically inclined and plan doing some of the work on your coach yourself or do you anticipate having Newell/others work on it for you?

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

welcome to the guru gang

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome !
I have an 87 & LOVE IT.
I took it to a reputable shop locally to have it checked after I bought it.
However, I do as much of the maintenance as I can on it. I'm currently replacing the radiator hoses & the engine bay heater hoses.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours!
(While I enjoy working on it, I enjoy using it MORE !!!)

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

(04-23-2017, 08:37 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Welcome Fishinator. You have the 10th Newell built in 1987. At that time, Newell used the year and the sequence number for the model year in the VIN. If you have the floorplan for the coach, it may list the actual coach number, which I suspect is about 132. Between 1983 and 1989, a Newell can be referred to either by the year and sequence number or by the coach number although many owners don't know what the coach number is.  Newell will be able to confirm the actual coach number. We would love to see some photos.

I do have the floor plan, it is #132, you were spot on. Photos are on the way.

Thanks.

Fishinator, 
James & Dr. Jeanie 
1987-8V92 Coach#132