You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sittin' around

I need one or two reclining chairs. I have a couple here that need reupholstering. They are the European style which I like. I have seen new chairs (designed for household use) online for about the same price ($300)as repairing the old ones. I am dubious about the quality of new chairs. The Villa and Lambright chairs (especially for RV use) seem overpriced at $1000.00 apiece.
I'm not sure what to look for other than brand name. (Villa and flexsteel are the only ones I am familiar with). If I have to spend $1000 for a new one I'll recover the ones I have. Can anybody suggest a good source and/or offer pointers as to what I should be aware of?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(04-28-2017, 01:30 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  I need one or two reclining chairs. I have a couple here that need reupholstering. They are the European style which I like. I have seen new chairs (designed for household use) online for about the same price ($300)as repairing the old ones. I am dubious about the quality of new chairs. The Villa and Lambright chairs (especially for RV use) seem overpriced at $1000.00 apiece.
I'm not sure what to look for other than brand name. (Villa and flexsteel are the only ones I am familiar with). If I have to spend $1000 for a new one I'll recover the ones I have. Can anybody suggest a good source and/or offer pointers as to what I should be aware of?

It may take awhile, but if you're not in a big hurry, you might find what you're looking for in the RV section of Craigslist.