You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

20 KW Martin Generators

Does anybody know anything about the 20 KW Martin Generator that Newell has installed in several of their coaches?  This is a new name to me and have not heard of them before.

Thanks for any feedback or information.

Bob and Pam Stump
2008 Newell P2000i-Coach # 1247
Port Orchard Washington

They are a good family owned company. They serviced my 12kw perkins in my '78 Newell years ago. The engine had a knock in it. I was thinking big$$$$ but they found a nut loose on one of the injectors. Gordon (bestgenman) knows them as well. They are located near Defiance, Ohio.
http://www.martindiesel.com/

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Jim Martin has been building gensets since the early 80's as far as I know, his Dad was in the diesel engine repair business at the same location.  I've been associated with Martin nearly that long.  Martin is also the Yanmar distributor for several states including Ohio.

His sets are the Cadillac of generators and a wise choice for Newell.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Great phone support, had a 10 kw Martin diesel gen set in a bus conversion. Tech there must of spent a hour with me walking me through electrical end troubleshooting.

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

(05-09-2017, 02:56 PM)bestgenman Wrote:  Jim Martin has been building gensets since the early 80's as far as I know, his Dad was in the diesel engine repair business at the same location.  I've been associated with Martin nearly that long.  Martin is also the Yanmar distributor for several states including Ohio.

His sets are the Cadillac of generators and a wise choice for Newell.

Thanks for the information Gordon.  Sounds like a good switch for Newell.

(05-09-2017, 03:30 PM)jcus Wrote:  Great phone support, had a 10 kw Martin diesel gen set in a bus conversion. Tech there must of spent a hour with me walking me through electrical end troubleshooting.

Thanks very much Jim.

Bob and Pam Stump
2008 Newell P2000i-Coach # 1247
Port Orchard Washington