You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

On the road again

Well after a couple years we couldn’t stand it.  So we just bought a 2004 27’ Lazy Daze.  We drove to Colorado last Sunday to look at it after I asked Steve Magown to check it out for me (many thanks Steve!)
Ended up buying it and will fly back to pick it up on Thursday.  We're still in Leeds, Utah.  It is a 1 owner and looks like new inside and out, garage kept, with 30k miles.
So Cindy and I will soon be on the road again traveling around and hope to meet up with our guru friends and meet new gurus.
Too bad Newell doesn’t make anything this small but Lazy Daze has some similarities to Newell.  Family owned since 1964 and only builds to order.  They aren’t a custom builder but factory direct.  And the owners seem very satisfied.
I’ve really enjoyed my Newells and all of the friends I’ve made here and will continue to be a (hopefully) helpful member here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Way to go you all.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

It is great to see you "On the road again"!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Congratulations Forest & Cindy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

That's great Forest & Cindy.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

YAY!!!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Please keep the gang in the loop on your experiences with this type of
rig. I bet I am not the only one that sees something smaller and less maintenance intensive at sometime in my future

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks for the well wishes.  We'll miss the room and luxury of the Newell but as life changes feel like this will work better for us now.  As with any decision there were lots of things to consider.  I picked some of y'all brains for info and suggestions.  The hardest thing was deciding what size to get.  Our future travels will probably be up to a month long.  Looked at B's but while they were ok for a few days they were too small for longer trips.  Wanted to stay below 30' so we could fit in smaller more remote campgrounds.  After looking at different sizes 1 thing became apparent:  my dear Cindy was NOT going to climb over me to get in and out of bed!  That pushed us into this size.  The LazyDaze has a rear lounge with 2 pullout beds that are surprisingly comfortable.  You can either remove the back cushions and have 2 twin beds, or pull them together to have a large king, or any combination.  Plus it gives us 2 separate areas that can be closed off.  Once we decided on the size then after tons of research I narrowed it down to 4 manufacturers that had the quality we wanted.  Chinook, CoachHouse, Phoenix Cruiser, and Lazy Daze.  LD came out in terms of roominess even not having a slide like the others.  LD has been in business and privately owned much longer than the others.  And LD has more sleeping areas for when the grandkids come with us.  So LD was in the #1 position.  We looked at a project nearby to see if the size and layout would work for us.  Then saw someone near Denver who was thinking of selling.  Cindy suggested calling Steve Magown who was in Ft. Collins, (DUH! why didn't I think of that?)  Steve checked it out and said it was in immaculate condition and that the owner must be related to Steve Bare!  That was all it took for us to pack a bag and drive 12 hours to see it.  Bought it that day and the owner graciously agreed to keep it in his garage until we could fly back and pick it up.  His wife said they couldn't believe we bought it since they hadn't even advertised it yet. Cindy booked our flight for this Thursday morning and they will pick us up at the airport.  We'll spend the first night at a local campground then take a few days driving back to Utah for the rest of the month.  Our landlords said we could park it in the driveway of the rental so we can spend a couple weeks loading it for our trip back home.  Cindy will drive the Tahoe and I'll drive the LD pulling the trailer.  So this begins our odyssey of travels again.
Oh yeah and there aren't any air systems so no leaks to chase!
Next year or possibly the next we plan to do an Alaska trip in it.  Anybody want to join us?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

if we are 65 foot counting the car, why cant there be a 65ft newell? think of the room and things you could put in a 5' coach. forest. if you could find another one of yours we could attach them back to back and you could pull in and pull out of a back in rv site?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Then I wouldn't know if I'm coming or going, wait, that's usually the case....
But this one will fit on your lift.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337