You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1994 38' on eBay

Saw this on EBay today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Newe...1e74b33093

Be interesting to see how it goes... Not crazy about the green interior.. but thats just me..

Jimmy

Jimmy,

I am with you on the green interior. I like green but not that green; the wood floor although is very nice. I owned a 1993 and I loved it; the only reason I sold it was to get one with slides.

I would like to pose a question: Is a 38' worth less than a 45'? If so, how much?

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Good question Tuga. Since there are so few Newells 40 feet and shorter it will be interesting to watch this one.
Lots of places a 38' will fit that a 45' won't.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, Stop trying to talk yourself out of a 45, just JUMP! LOL

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Matt, throw in 2 slides and I'll take it!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

So this one ended in no sale at $27665 with 6 bids. So one wonders, where is the Market on the 38'?

Jimmy

(12-11-2012, 11:48 AM)Ozarkguy Wrote:  So this one ended in no sale at $27665 with 6 bids. So one wonders, where is the Market on the 38'?

Several years ago before websites were really prolific, Newell used to mail out pictures (actual photographs) of used coaches that were for sale. Around that time, they included in their newsletter the number of 45' coaches that their customers were ordering. This was done to show that the majority of the new orders were 45'. It amounted to about 90% of new coaches with the other 10% being 40'+. This produced more 45' coaches that were available for sale in the used market.

The logic is: if you had to cut 5' out of a 45' where would you cut it? The answer was: no one wanted to cut anything out so the 45' became the norm.

IMO the above reasons tell us that 45' are in greater demand than shorter coaches and therefore carry a slight premium in price.

This is just my opinion; everyone else is free to disagree.Smile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

I don't disagree with Tuga, but I see a few more conditions causing older Newells bringing low prices. I think the 45'er is in greater demand mostly due to the price of the used coaches. As time has passed one & 2 slide coaches have become "affordable". Take the same money to another brand & you'll be looking at something newer and if not 45', awfully close. No doubt the market for motorized rvs is extremely soft, but there are additional conditions to consider. As time has passed slides have become the norm. Therefore any non slide coach, including Newells, are going to sell extremely low. Under 100,000 mile non slide Prevost coaches have sunk well under $200,000. As time passes and 4 slide coaches become the norm I see non 4 slide coaches to also take a BIG hit. Lots of competition for the used coach buyers dollars.

JMHO................................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Another reason for shorter coaches being worth less is that they cost less when they are initially built!

If you have ever seen a Newell price list, the shorter coaches sell for less. Or put conversely, the 45's command a higher price. And the 47' still a higher price above the 45'.

Steve makes a good point - it's a buyers market and all coaches are bring less and less. eBay is a good example; the few coaches that are selling have very low price tags.

I remember about a year ago there was a 1999 Prevost Marathon 45' w/no slides but with OTR air and average mileage. The seller had purchased another coach and needed to move the Marathon. He cut the price by $10,000 per week and was selling it with NO RESERVE price!

It took him 3 weeks to sell it. He posted that he was going to lower the price by $10,000 each week until it sold. There was nothing wrong with the coach - it was really a nice unit. But it did not move until it hit the magic number.

We all want to get top dollar for our coaches. Who knows what is the right price! To my way of thinking, it's simple. It is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. When I have something to sell I would just prefer for the interested party to make an offer: if it's reasonable I'll take it if it's not reasonable I won't and we can negoitate from thereSmile.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Personally I would find a 36 or 37 ft Coach with 2 or 3 slides very interesting. Since we are not full timers the room this would give would be more then adequate for the 2 of us and we could go places that would be more difficult in a longer coach. Also I would welcome a coach with no tag axle. Less expensive to maintain also and probably a little better fuel economy and increased oerformance.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue